Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fix SSE 4.2 (Genshin Impact)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiberAndy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:45 am    Post subject: Fix SSE 4.2 (Genshin Impact) Reply with quote

In update 4.3 there were changes and now players with processors without SSE 4.2 cannot play.
Details. Write to Google: "A hardware requirement seems to have been updated with the release of version 4.3"
Go to Reddit and read.

Can anyone bypass this limitation?
I know that this is possible, because there are such fixes for other games, for example Control (you just need to replace some files and the game will launch)
It would be very cool if someone could make a similar fix so that I could just replace the files, or instructions on how to do this via Cheat Engine

LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control is an offline game. Genshin Impact is not, as a result Genshin Impact will most likely verify files to check for modifications. That said, SSE 4.2 made available in spring of 2007. We are now circa. 17-years past this date. I would highly recommend you find yourself an upgrade.

Although it's worth a try in any case. You can emulate it using the Intel Software Developer Kit
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/software-development-emulator.html

Extract to a known location for use within the command-line. Navigate to the directory within the command-line and use this command:
Code:

sde -attach-pid ####

Where #### the game's process ID
KiberAndy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeFiXER wrote:
Control is an offline game. Genshin Impact is not, as a result Genshin Impact will most likely verify files to check for modifications.

I tried the emulator, it didn't work. As far as I know, the game does not check files, in any case, itís still worth a try.
Even if it checks, then logically you can catch the game process every time and change the memory so that the game thinks every time that it doesnít need SSE 4.2

LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiberAndy wrote:
LeFiXER wrote:
Control is an offline game. Genshin Impact is not, as a result Genshin Impact will most likely verify files to check for modifications.

I tried the emulator, it didn't work. As far as I know, the game does not check files, in any case, itís still worth a try.
Even if it checks, then logically you can catch the game process every time and change the memory so that the game thinks every time that it doesnít need SSE 4.2

I don't think it will be as simple. The check is to verify whether it's safe to use the CPU's instruction set to carry out the calculations using SSE 4.2. If SSE 4.2 is not available on the CPU, even disabling the check would still mean that the game will still utilise the SSE 4.2 instruction set. Logically speaking, I can't see it working although I could be wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: