Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating tables for TBOI (The binding of Isaac)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artmis
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 7:07 am    Post subject: Creating tables for TBOI (The binding of Isaac) Reply with quote

Hi,

I've tried to search for answers via google also tried to use examples people made for different games but i can't quite understand how to make these work.

I've went so far as to check memory viewer and also check what accesses the adress but i couldn't do anything with it bc i have no coding knowledge.

I'd be glad if some1 could help me out, it's annoying having to check for coin address every time i wanna have infinite coins etc.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know about this game, so I do not know what is possible.

That being said, have you found the correct value (and does it work when you change it)?

If so, once added to your cheat table, right-click on it to see what accesses it. In the new window that pops up, right-click on an empty white space to see if opcodes access any other addresses.

Do you see any results with (1) next to it?
Artmis
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
I do not know about this game, so I do not know what is possible.

That being said, have you found the correct value (and does it work when you change it)?

If so, once added to your cheat table, right-click on it to see what accesses it. In the new window that pops up, right-click on an empty white space to see if opcodes access any other addresses.

Do you see any results with (1) next to it?

Yeah

Screenshot from 2023-05-04 18-42-23.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.02 KB
 Viewed:  3744 Time(s)

Screenshot from 2023-05-04 18-42-23.png

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must right-click on an open white space in that window and select the option to see if opcodes select any other addresses.
Artmis
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
You must right-click on an open white space in that window and select the option to see if opcodes select any other addresses.

Hi sorry i was out of town for a few days.

This is what i see when i check to see what opcodes access this address

Screenshot from 2023-05-09 14-12-03.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.23 KB
 Viewed:  3557 Time(s)

Screenshot from 2023-05-09 14-12-03.png

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expand the column (where you see 'Cou...'), so that we can see the rest?
Artmis
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Expand the column (where you see 'Cou...'), so that we can see the rest?

Screenshot from 2023-05-11 09-31-38.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.81 KB
 Viewed:  3494 Time(s)

Screenshot from 2023-05-11 09-31-38.png

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Having a (1) is a good sign. It means that the instruction that is accessing your address is probably exclusive to that address, which makes it a good candidate for injection.

With that instruction highlighted, click on the box that says 'Show disassembler'.

In the new window, still with the instruction highlighted, click on 'Tools' from the drop-down menu and select 'Auto Assemble'.

In the new window, click on 'Template' and then select 'AOB Injection'. Click on 'Okay' twice. Click on 'File' and then select 'Assign to current cheat table'.

The script should now show up in your cheat table. Double-click on it so that you can edit it.

Once opened, you can do many things here to alter your value. Just one example:

Where you see this:

push [esi+000012B8]

Add this before it, so that it looks like this:

mov [esi+000012B8],#999
push [esi+000012B8]

This should lock your coin value to 999. You can change it to whatever you want.
Artmis
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Okay. Having a (1) is a good sign. It means that the instruction that is accessing your address is probably exclusive to that address, which makes it a good candidate for injection.

With that instruction highlighted, click on the box that says 'Show disassembler'.

In the new window, still with the instruction highlighted, click on 'Tools' from the drop-down menu and select 'Auto Assemble'.

In the new window, click on 'Template' and then select 'AOB Injection'. Click on 'Okay' twice. Click on 'File' and then select 'Assign to current cheat table'.

The script should now show up in your cheat table. Double-click on it so that you can edit it.

Once opened, you can do many things here to alter your value. Just one example:

Where you see this:

push [esi+000012B8]

Add this before it, so that it looks like this:

mov [esi+000012B8],#999
push [esi+000012B8]

This should lock your coin value to 999. You can change it to whatever you want.

Thank you very much for your help!

Unfortunately i think they pretty much fixed making tables with the last installment of the game as i've seen all the popular tables broke since the last update as now the code behind all values like coins etc. is randomly generated upon starting a run.. i was worried that this would be the outcome but its still very useful to have learned about making scripts!
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artmis wrote:
Unfortunately i think they pretty much fixed making tables with the last installment of the game as i've seen all the popular tables broke since the last update as now the code behind all values like coins etc. is randomly generated upon starting a run..
-Did you follow the steps and test it?
Artmis
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Artmis wrote:
Unfortunately i think they pretty much fixed making tables with the last installment of the game as i've seen all the popular tables broke since the last update as now the code behind all values like coins etc. is randomly generated upon starting a run..
-Did you follow the steps and test it?

Yes, it worked, in that instance of the game/run but saving it as a table and starting a new run renders the script unusable since in that new run the address responsible for keeping track of the coin count is different so in a new run the 999 is setting a random value unrelated to the coin count to 999.

i did before making a post here test if maybe there's a set amount of values responsible for coin count and it just cycles between them randomly but i've tested and saved 30 different values none of which respond to increasing coins (or any stats for that matter) in a new run.

It really seems its completely randomized to deter cheating (which is degenerated, it's a single player game with no leaderboards)
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addresses changing, even during the same session, is not overly unusual. The question is, is the AOB signature that we used for the original injection still working and viable in subsequent runs?

It could simply be that the AOB signature needs to be improved on. This is where I would look first. You can check the AOB signature by changing your scan settings:

2023-05-12_12-00-36.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.97 KB
 Viewed:  3398 Time(s)

2023-05-12_12-00-36.png

Artmis
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Addresses changing, even during the same session, is not overly unusual. The question is, is the AOB signature that we used for the original injection still working and viable in subsequent runs?

It could simply be that the AOB signature needs to be improved on. This is where I would look first. You can check the AOB signature by changing your scan settings:

I'm a bit lost as to what im supposed to do exactly :s
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start the game. Attach Cheat Engine. Open the cheat table that you hopefully saved. Copy the AOB signature (from the script that you created), and paste it into the search bar (the text field to the right of the Hex checkbox). Perform a scan using the same settings that I have highlighted in the image.

What kind of results do you get? One result? More than one result? No results?

If the results are 0 or more than 1, then you may need to modify/expand the AOB signature inside of your script so that it works even when you start a new session.

Does this make sense?
Artmis
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Start the game. Attach Cheat Engine. Open the cheat table that you hopefully saved. Copy the AOB signature (from the script that you created), and paste it into the search bar (the text field to the right of the Hex checkbox). Perform a scan using the same settings that I have highlighted in the image.

What kind of results do you get? One result? More than one result? No results?

If the results are 0 or more than 1, then you may need to modify/expand the AOB signature inside of your script so that it works even when you start a new session.

Does this make sense?

I made a search with the array of bytes from this line of the script; aobscan(INJECT,CC B6 B8 12 00 00) // should be unique

Searching for CC B6 B8 12 00 00 results in 0 entries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: