Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to update scripts from 32bit game to 64bit version?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNobody
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:33 am    Post subject: How to update scripts from 32bit game to 64bit version? Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a big problem and I want to know if it is even possible to do like what i am thiking about right now.
The problem is that the game has updated few days ago and with this new update, the game architecture changed from 32bit (x86) to 64bit (x64).
Now it is impossible for me to update old scripts from 32bit version of the game to the 64bit version of the game.
I know that registers (for example) EAX in 32bit is the same like RAX in 64bit, and ECX is RCX, ESP is RSP and so on.. so on, etc.
I can also find similar memory regions in CHEAT ENGINE in 32bit and 64bit versions in the SAME game but the functions are totally different, so it is for me impossible to update anymore the scripts but I also want to do that!

Is there any tutorials how to do it? Or any tuts about understanding the similarites or the conversion of the scripts from 32-bit game to 64-bit game?

I can't find the hacks from scratch in this game because i was only updating the hacks since the new version would come out - i don't know how the author which abbandoned this hacks and game did that, but i know that there is a method to update it because i saw on YOUTUBE that some games which changed from 32-bit game architecture to 64-bit game architecture that some guys used old Cheat Tables and updated them to 64-bit version and they are working perfect - but I want to know , how they did that!

So Guys, do you have any tutorials about it or any methods?
If someone will be interested, I can send this game and all old Cheat Tables via Private Message and my discord and then we will try together update them.
I am waiting for your tips.
BTW thanks you for all.
Happy New Year.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no magic easy way to update a script. It basically involves making it again from scratch. The person who made the script originally has previous experience to go on. There might be information in AA scripts that involve the original injection point (see the big comment at the end of the "full injection" template). Pointer paths (base addresses and offsets) are tedious to update and often times it's easier to let the pointer scanner figure it out.

Going from x86 to x64 introduces a bunch of other issues that would probably force you to rewrite most of the code injections. The knowledge this requires would make it exceptionally difficult for you to do this. (e.g. eax in 32bit is eax in 64bit- rax is a 64 bit register and doesn't have a 32bit equivalent)

The easiest thing you can do is go to a third party site and ask someone else to do it.
https://forum.cheatengine.org/thirdparty.php

HalfWolf
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, those programs are running in 32-bit mode, as previously stated. It is important to note that your increased ram can and will continue to improve performance in those games due to caching. Essentially, the files that the game loads frequently will be stored in extra ram by Windows so that it can "read" those files very quickly change.

This is also why, even if you don't run out of in-memory RAM, having a pagefile is still a good idea. Windows can dump sections of memory that haven't been touched in a while to your pagefile to make room for the stuff you actually use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: