Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need help to get 99 more of staff of life in spore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jasiek100
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: I need help to get 99 more of staff of life in spore Reply with quote

Smile As in the title, unfortunately i used all of my staff of lifes in spore and now it's stuck at 0 loads as you only get 42 loads per game. Because I can't get more or less than 0 i can't trace the value of this item in scans and i physically can't find this scripts because there are 42 million values that match 0 and I need to FIND this one specific. Please tell me how to do it.
LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start a new game where you have more loads, then find that value. Once you have narrowed down the address. You can find out what accesses it, create a pointer script using copy injection. Once you have successfully created the script, you can load your old save and enable the script.
Jasiek100
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you explain me more how to access it and how to create a pointer script using copy injection?
jgoemat
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject: How to find addresses Reply with quote

Unfortunately this might be very difficult to do. If it is an item that gets removed from your character when you have none remaining, adding a new first one is probably buried in code that is difficult to recreate. Changing values when you actually have an object is 100 times easier than adding a new object. If that isn't the case, then I have a couple of videos showing how to do this with Dishonored, the same method probably applies to Spore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvWhTDxtTo4

Once you have found the address in a new saved game, right-click on it and select 'Find out what accesses this address'. You probably get multiple results, and some may access more values than just staff of life. What you want to find is something that accesses *only* the number of 'staff of life' and nothing else. While that is running, I suggest doing things that might affect the staff of life but would work if you didn't have any, such as attempting to use one if there is a key for it, or hovering over it, and looking for small counts for accesses.

Once you have done that, click 'stop', but leave the window open. Goto the code in the disassembler and see if it is something that looks promising, i.e. accessing a relative address with a decent offset like 'mov eax,[ecx+80]'. Then you can right-click and 'find out what addresses this instruction accesses' and again do those things. If a single address comes up in this window, you have probably found code that accesses *only* the 'staff of life' count and nothing else. This is perfect, just leave this open and load your other game. Now do the same thing and see if any new addresses pop up with '0' values. Hopefully one will pop-up and that will be the right address, so add it to your table.

Creating a script to do this sort of thing repeatedly requires a bit more explanation, try my videos or other tutorials here. The basic gist though is to have the instruction you care about selected in the disassembler and hit 'CTRL+A' to create an AA script, then use the menu to use a template. Then you'll create a label for the pointer and use registersymbol, then add code to move ecx into that pointer. Then you can add a table record and use your label name (which you registered as a symbol) as the address. When you enable the script it should populate that pointer and show the value in your table.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: