Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot find single value items xcom enemy within

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mace225
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:24 pm    Post subject: Cannot find single value items xcom enemy within Reply with quote

So I have been trying to increase values in the grey market, specifically alien weaponry (alien pistol, carbine, etc.). Right now, I only have one alien rifle and need three for the research. I found other values when I have two items, but I just can't seem to find them if there is only one at that time. Unfortunately, I haven't found any tables with those items preloaded.
I went through the tutorial, but I am an admitted novice, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot (1).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  976.71 KB
 Viewed:  1276 Time(s)

Screenshot (1).png

cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the address of items with multiples using your already working method. Find what accesses those addresses, more specifically, see if opening or closing the shop accesses those addresses. Using that instruction (the one that pops up when opening the shop), set all item counts to 99 on open using an AOB template under auto assemble.
Mace225
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. Im still really new at this. Could you perhaps recommend a tutorial that does a good job explaining the basics of these actions? I got to the point of finding what acceses the address but the rest looks pretty much Greek to me. Again thanks for the help!
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said you can find other values when there are two items. Do that. Bring that value down to the address list, right click on the memory record, and select "Find out what instructions access this address". Play the game for a bit- do something relevant to your inventory (e.g. open / close your inventory). One or more instructions should come up.

For each instruction, go to that address in the disassembler, right click the instruction, select "Find out what addresses this instruction accesses", and play the game again, doing the same stuff more or less. There might be an instruction that accesses each item in your inventory.

From there, you can go through the addresses manually, or write an AA script to set everything to a certain value.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: