Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Infinitode 2 - Address Freezing doesn't always work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExiledRocker
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject: Infinitode 2 - Address Freezing doesn't always work Reply with quote

Hello fellow CEngineers Smile I have been using CE for many many years (I think the earliest I remember was probably about 15 years ago! :p) and I'ts rare I've come across any issues tbh so hats of to the Dev Team for that Smile

Now I decided I wanted to Hack Infinitode 2 on Steam (I figure platform may be important as this game is available on various different platforms including standalone to my knowledge).

I followed a guide I actually found on this forum for Infinitode 2 on how to hack certain tower stat's, currencies etc. but this was a old thread and potentially updates to the game since that thread may of invalidated the methods I'm unsure.

I was able to find damage value for each of the first 6 towers (Tower's that are unlocked up until Level 3.1) I haven't tried any towers beyond this, now my issue crops up after editing a value and I have "frozen" the aforementioned value, sometimes without touching CE after editing and freezing the value will just randomly change in game (only had it change and flick back to the original value on CE) and regardless of how many times I attempt to edit that same tower again the new value remains (not the edited value) and I have to sell the tower and repeat the process by editing and freezing a new value.

What I want to know is, Is there any way to lock this value permenantly or is there a trainer or set of verified addresses that will always work?
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The addresses update constantly so you can either have a Lua script running that searches for the AOB and edits it every time it pops up to catch the shift or you find the code that write the values on the shift.

Because so much code is reused, you will spend a ton of time tracing calls. It's been a very long time and my cheat table is outdated so I can't be of more assistance there.

Its easier to hack the upgrades and just max them out (took only a few minutes as opposed to hours). Definitely branch your saves off before doing it because it ruins the game experience.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like new memory sometimes gets allocated for the value. A pointer or a code injection to copy the address would normally be the go-to, but given that several towers can exist at the same time, they'll probably be stored in a container of sorts (pointer paths become weird or infeasible) and code will probably be shared across all towers (annoying to manage).

Your best bet might be to find some code that's executed when you click on a tower or hover over one and use that to get the address of any tower's damage. Invalidating addresses when they're deallocated is an unsolved problem, but it's also one that you might choose to ignore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: