Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding address for money or gold in Sim type games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MorningStar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject: Finding address for money or gold in Sim type games Reply with quote

I am trying to find the address for money of gold in Sparkling Society games (TownCity, City Island) and I can't find the address for them. I tried the classical search then change and search again, and nothing comes up. For example I'll search for 50 (gold coins) and get a number, then spend 6 and search again for 44, and nothing comes up. I've tried all the possible searches listed, but I can't find the address. Is there something I'm missing? Thank you all.
LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The value is likely server sided; however, it is not permitted to talk about hacking online games here.

https://forum.cheatengine.org/faq.php
MorningStar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am playing offline, so it shouldn't have anything to do with a server?
LeFiXER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of mobile games are online and City Island is one such game that I have played on mobile in the past. There is a verification of how much coins you have when a change is made.

It's likely that the game cannot verify the coin change therefore does not reflect the changes in game.

Cheat Engine wasn't really made for hacking Android/iOS games and can only say that you may seek to look for modified versions of the game instead.
MorningStar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the response. I am far from an expert, so I can't argue, but I play the entire game without wifi, on airplane mode, and the legal changes I make are reflected in the game, so it seems to me that there should be some way to find that address on the local computer.
LeFiXER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is emulated on x86/x64 architecture. I presume you are playing through the use of BlueStacks or something alike. Whilst not impossible to use Cheat Engine for memory editing emulated games, it's far from ideal since CE was designed with x86/x64 architecture in mind.
MorningStar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I'm not being clear. I am using a laptop computer running a 64 bit windows 10. I am playing Town City - village building sim paradise without an emulator, (I got it from windows store).
Do I understand that cheat engine wasn't designed for windows?
Mioso
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I just stumbled upon this thread and I can confirm, that it is definitely possible to hack city island 5, as I have done so.

I have done this with the windows store version of the game.

You can easily find the visual addresses for money/gold by just searching for 4byte values. Once you have narrowed it down to like 2 addresses or so, pick one and do a break and trace on an instruction that writes to the address.

I have done my break and trace for whenever I collect money from a building so that i could later then modify how much money I get whenever I collect money from any building.

The origin of the amount of money that you get for collecting is actually shared code, which in this case makes it pretty convenient because with this instruction you can also change how much xp and gold you get for collecting the money.
MorningStar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. Unfortunately I am not yet advanced enough to use break and trace. Would you by any chance know a good tutorial I could use to figure it out?
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attach cheat engine to itself and follow the tutorial. It walks you through it and will teach you the basics.
MorningStar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tutorial teaches break and trace also, or do you think I'll be able to figure it out after going through the entire tutorial?
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tutorial teaches break and trace. You will have to learn assembly if you want to get better at it but it shows you the basics which will get you where you need to go for the problem as you described it.
MorningStar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.
MorningStar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mioso, what instruction did you modify to change the amount of money you get from collecting? I don't want the specific address you changed, rather I would like the instruction that was in the address. Also, how did you change it? A simple code injection, or a more complicated method?
Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: