Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any way to find offset base address is knowned?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials -> Pointer tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeitgeist917
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Any way to find offset base address is knowned? Reply with quote

I have a game with all data using a same address, but each group of attributes have different fist offset. For exanple, I have base address is Game.dll + 0x40AF0, and next offset is different for each character's parameters, like 0x170C for first char and 0x24FC for second char. If I using normal pointers search, it'll take a very looooong time because of high offset value. And read from registers and asm code is taken time too. So is there any other way to find offset only?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the structure spider works from the base address.
give it the base address you want to use and then tick that the address must be in range and enter two times the samefinal address

it is slower than a pointerscan though

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
zeitgeist917
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice.

I have took a test and the problem of both structure spider and normal pointer scan is limit of their structure size and offset size. In my case my first offset is 6330 and it is impossible to search with size larger than that. I'll have to wait forever.

So, the quickest case here is to find out what access to the address for offset and scan the address for previous pointer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials -> Pointer tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: