Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do the health keep changing back? (Health Bar)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nodharvester
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Why do the health keep changing back? (Health Bar) Reply with quote

I'm not sure how I can even fix this because I've been trying for 3 days now to hack the Health in Total Overdose. What do I do, to get the Healthbar value?

1. I select Float (because health are normaly float values for me.), Unknown Initial Value (because it doesn't display numbers, it's a health bar)
2. Start searching.
3. Then keep getting decreased and increased to my health.
4. After I get what I want and it is the correct one, I put it to my cheat table.
5. Freeze the Health (which is now named "Active")
6. I go back to the game. Test out and see if I still get damaged or no, and I still do.
7. I tried unfreezing it just to see if it is my health bar and it was because I decreased my health and it changed + it seemed the correct Address.
8. I tried instead then changing my health to 1000 and freezing it, but still no good results. It still doesn't work and goes back to normal whenever I get back to the game.

So? What am I doing wrong? Do I need to fix something? Am I doing it the wrong way? Let me see your comments.
Right now my health is 988.3581543 which is very much values. I'm not changing that health value until I get an replay for helpful replies.
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try other things like double which is also a floating point type but 8 bytes instead of 4, try other values like things ranging from 0-1 (if there are any). If that doesn't work try 4 byte values because the real health could be stored as 0-100 and the health bar _display_ is simply converting it to float when dividing by the max health to determine the percentage of the bar to fill.

Try searching for increased when you get hit instead of decreased to see if instead of a "currentHealth" value it's actually using some "damageTaken" value

If all else fails try All with only changed scans because there are tons of odd ways that it could be stored and handled and could be changing an unnoticably tiny bit every frame which would prevent unchanged scans from finding it. Most likely it's a float or double (often between 0-100 or 0-1), followed by a 4 byte value (often 0-100), but it could be just about anything (including stored as a string).

I've never hacked the game so can't tell you exactly what it is, you could try to find someone else's cheat table and look at it to see what type (and what value range) they're using to get a jump start.

edit: oh, and if the health bar slowly changes only do the increased/decreased scan once. Typically the real health value changes completely and the display value will only change by a small amount until it matches to give that nice visual effect.

nodharvester
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks man! I'm going to try your this and hope it works Smile. I also hacked this game with some other stuff too before, for example: No Reload, Unlimited Ammo, Jump Height/Gravity Height (How long can you jump.) which they were so easy but the health now is so hard. Wish me good luck man Smile and I hope you have good luck too! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: