Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to hex edit an .Exe file using information from CE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sketchup1
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: How to hex edit an .Exe file using information from CE Reply with quote

Greetings,

So I've figured out a way to modify the spawn time for Star Wars Battlefront 2 in cheat engine. It starts at 15 and goes down to zero and then back up again.

I want my mod to work on a dedicated server, which means it won't be practical to reapply the mod every time the server restarts or the game ends.

This means that I'll have to hex edit the Exe of the game in order to make it work.

How do I use my addresses in cheat engine to determine what modifications I should make to the Exe to make my changes permanent?

Any help is greatly appreciated; I know this is pretty obscure.

shroom
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: How to hex edit an .Exe file using information from CE Reply with quote

Sketchup1 wrote:
Greetings,

So I've figured out a way to modify the spawn time for Star Wars Battlefront 2 in cheat engine. It starts at 15 and goes down to zero and then back up again.

I want my mod to work on a dedicated server, which means it won't be practical to reapply the mod every time the server restarts or the game ends.

This means that I'll have to hex edit the Exe of the game in order to make it work.

How do I use my addresses in cheat engine to determine what modifications I should make to the Exe to make my changes permanent?

Any help is greatly appreciated; I know this is pretty obscure.

if you know the address just patch it in ollydbg
Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sketchup1:
1-do you know how to use ollydbg?
if yes: spot your modifications in ollydbg, right click->copy to executable
if no: we may not need it if you used aobscans.

2-I assume your mod is only made of one or several auto assembler scripts. Did you use the alloc/global alloc command?
if not: it'll make the job easier.
if yes: that's bad, you MUST remove those (global)allocs by finding a static code cave.

3-In your asm script, do you use module addressing ("Someexe.exe+123456:) or aobscan-based addressing?
if "Someexe.exe+123456:": I hope you know how to use olly, or can replace those labels by aobscans.
if using aobscans: you won't need ollydbg.
if using constants like "415000:": Boo, Shame on you! At least use module addressing.

4-(I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but just in case) Do you use calls to functions that are in a .dll (like kernel32.Sleep, ntdll.strcmp,...) ?
if yes: even more problems...
if no: that's good !

Also posting your cheat table could avoid some nasty surprises.
Sketchup1
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have gone so far over my head. I don't actually have a trainer. I just have several memory addresses (that arent constant) that I have to change. But how on earth do I find them in the exe itself?
Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sketchup1 wrote:
I just have several memory addresses (that arent constant) that I have to change.
Oww My G...This is going to be a painful one...

Sketchup1 wrote:
But how on earth do I find them in the exe itself?
You don't, because those addresses are not in the exe. All you can do is to alter the part of game's code that handles those variables.
You'll have to write a short piece of code in assembly that does exactly the changes you manually apply to those addresses.
If you don't know assembly, describe the changes you do to those addresses, I'll see if I can code that.

Also you said you modded "Star Wars Battlefront 2 in cheat engine", but did you successfully mod a dedicated server at least once? (I don't know that game, so maybe Star Wars Battlefront 2 = its dedicated server, no idea)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: