Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linking my xbox360 to my PC and using cheat engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking -> Console Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiragakash
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Linking my xbox360 to my PC and using cheat engine Reply with quote

im dying to try using cheat engine on my xbox but i dont know what to do. i know that if i could make a connection to my xbox and have the game running i could change the code numbers to what i desire. if anyone has successfully done this it would be a big help. and please no BS! u could be doing better things with your time.
vip3r_aka_ace
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Methods tried so far Reply with quote

Hi my names vip3r, and i am on the same mission as you.

I would like to share with you what methods i have tried so far.

Basically firstly try to bridge your connection between your xbox 360 and your pc, so that your pc powers your xbox to go online.

Now its very difficult to sort assume that it is possible to link cheat engine some how to the xbox since cheat engine normaly works with exe or process of from pc.

So method i tried .

1.) Used commview packet sniffer to see what data is bein sent from my xbox to and from while playing crysis 2. Then i opened up cheat engine and actully attached the comview process to cheat engine since comview is reading my xbox udp port so i thought maybe by linking both togeather i might be able to make changes on cheat engine and send them across into xbox via comview. Now once you open up cheat engine and attach a comview to it you will see bits of data in red coming in and out as comview sinffs, so i guess where not there yet but this is how we might find a way. Now i tried to do few things, firstly i injected speedhack dll direct into comview via cheat engine to see if cheat engine sends anything back to comview so that comview can push it into xbox but i have not had any luck yet.

Second Method.

2.) Second method quite the same approch but with cain & abel. What i did firstly while playing crysis 2, i posioned my network and network of all players playing on the same network including ea servers lol, and then tried to inject and runs cript but the to no avail.

The problem is that there is know direct communication between xbox and cheat engine and that is what we have to try and figure out to see if we can find a way and i am by experimenting we can find a way to do this.

So since we are both trying to achive the ame thing i was hoping we can both work on it together to make this possible.

Also i have been looking into packet injection, and i just want to say do not bother with pcket injections if you do not know what your doing and in order for packet injection to work you need raw sockets and windows sucks at raw sockets. Better use lunix if you want to learn packet injection but it is not easy and there is alot of trial & error before you achive anything.

Pm me if you need more info
Peace.
xBl3ss3D FaLLx
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not going to work ud have to jtag ur xbox for it to be able to fun unsighned code(use chat engine or go online thru pc, called xail link) if u jtag them then u dont need the cheat engine u just editthe patch_mp.ff anfd run it
vip3r_aka_ace
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Hey thnx for the reply Reply with quote

Hey thnx for ya reply dude. yea i figured id need a jtag im tryna sort one out, secondly you mentioned xial link, i tried to google it but could not find anything i assume you probably spelled it wrong so if you could be sound kind to give more info on xail link.

Thank you. Smile
SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure cheat engine's current code wouldn't just work on a game console anyway. It's designed for Windows (& Mac?) - so unless your xbox is running Windows...
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that is needed is an interface for memory reading/writing and optionally a method to intercept and handle exceptions. (e.g pagefaults and debug exceptions)

If a jtag can be attached to an xbox and you write an interface for ce you can use ce on it

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
ashran
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF wrote:
I'm pretty sure cheat engine's current code wouldn't just work on a game console anyway. It's designed for Windows (& Mac?) - so unless your xbox is running Windows...

Well actually both run the x86 instruction set, so it could work.
SwaggaJackin'
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh, the 360 uses a PowerPC processor not x86. You're probably referring to the first black xbox, which isn't being discussed here.
Madman
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwaggaJackin' wrote:
Uhhh, the 360 uses a PowerPC processor not x86. You're probably referring to the first black xbox, which isn't being discussed here.

Title says 360. (Edit: Ah I see you were referring to the post above yours.) As far as modding games' data going through the UDP port, I'm going to say while technically it's possible, the amount of things you can change will be severely limited as UDP. One thing to note though, I believe games usually use UDP for keeping track of players positions, so maybe there would be a way to move them all to a single coordinate.

Now, what Dark Byte said would definitely be the best route as you'd have the most access to the game. Although, at least for me, I know that is not a route I could possibly take, haha.

Edit: Wow this post is so old. How the mighty have fallen. Sad
True for this subforum at least lol

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly don't think cheatengine can work with a xbox Jtag unless it can memory dump.
h0ju
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get the xbdm plugin and a memory dumper (simpledump360 for example) and just use the file comparison method in cheatengine.
smx
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True! xbdm is the interface Dark Byte is talking about!
Many RTH/RTE (Real time hack/Real Time edit) programs use that.

These are the supported functions
    -Screenshot support
    -SDK Neighborhood implementation.
    -Full console memory control, physical and temporary memory. Includes swapping files and Real time editing at any time on the console.
    -Console Rebooting, to either dash, current title, or even a cold reboot which restarts the xbox.
    -Game management, start a game or restart a game at any time from your computer
    -Debugging
    -Console Commands

If a CE implementation is possible, CE's job should be interfacing with xbdm.

Also, the 360 runs a modified version of the Windows Kernel(so yes, it runs windows), and some kernel functions work like on the PC. The big difference is the usage of Xbox Executables (xex instead of exe), and the PPC 64 bit architecture.
meli195
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

h0ju wrote:
get the xbdm plugin and a memory dumper (simpledump360 for example) and just use the file comparison method in cheatengine.

Hello,

tried this and is still not working, maybe i'm doing something wrong, could you please help ?
i Also have xbox360
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking -> Console Modding All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: