Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutorial: How to get coordinates and play with them
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonander50
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Tutorial: How to get coordinates and play with them This post has 2 review(s) Reply with quote

The tutorial is part of the following message: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=519052

But it certainly took time wanting to do a tutorial of this style, because I think it is interesting for any game (and applicable) being able to move around the map at will, entering as both secret areas inaccessible to normal players, or simply too difficult to go alone. Thus, we can get items from chests guarded by bosses, for example. Therefore separated the tutorial of the main message and put it in a separate topic not to overlook.

"If the game has only one map, lists the coordinates of a specific situation and replace whenever you want to go there. The way of collecting the current coordinates as follows:

Look at the compass or some indication that shows the north, south, east and west and uses a Cartesian scheme like this where Y+ = North , Y- = Shout , X+ = East, X- = West, Z+ = More altitude and Z- = Less altitude.

Procedure for collecting the coordinates:

1 - Stand in one spot on the map and do a Scan Mode Unknow / Float.

2 - Step to the north following the compass or the mini-map and do a "Next Scan" option using the "increaser value." Make the process a few times to reduce the number of addresses one or more possible (usually always seem to be 100 addresses). You can also take a step toward the south and seek a "Decreased value", but always moving between the north and the south, as we seek first the vertical direction of the Cartesian map.

3 - Once filtered all possible values and a safe range of between 100-200 missing, will move all the menu below and "Freeze" and then try to step to the north before anything between 200 to make sure we the correct value. If the character does not walk or simply returns to the same site (probably the second option) we have the courage together. If we use other search strategies, such as searching inversely (Maybe the South is increasing and vice versa, these cases occur when the programmer did not use a mapping engine standard).

4 - Select the half of all values with Ctrl Shift and the arrow below (taking them from above) and "unfreeze". We check if the character can walk. In this case the key value is between those just altered. If it remained unable to walk, delete the values unfreeze and return to select half of the remaining values, repeating the operation until you get the value.

5 - Once the vertical direction of the Cartesian map, repeat the procedure for obtaining the horizontal. To do so, after making an "Unknow Initial Value / Float", we step to the east and made a "increaser value, and vice versa.

6 - As a bonus you can also find the value of Z, up one step and looking for directions increased, and so on.

7 - For more comfort, once with the three directions, we may even copy several times by establishing a "Hotkey" and in description to the site where it leads."
Dark X
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow nice tuts Very Happy
noko_112
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An other tip is that the coord is often somewhere in the same area as the life.

especially rts games where there is a lot of units, but not to much data on each.
mafiozer
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you man you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kingen50cent
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man very useful!
dainiuxxx
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very useful indeed. I have tried the method on Bad Company 2. And i get the least of around 80000 addresses and while i can knock of another 1 or 2 with every search it just leaves way too many of them.

Is There a way to automate the process ? Like a macro recorder or something( i tried a few, but they only work on OS side once you switch to game the keystroke sequence disrupts)

Any ideas? Confused
AhMunRa
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow this method exactly to the letter. In BC2 might I suggest that you only travel in 1 direction at a time. If it's north keep searching increased. When you have it narrowed to 200 or so, it's much easier to spot.
educofu
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An easier way: if u find just one coordinate, the other ones are closer to it, usualy 4 or 8 bytes in distance (for more or less)
Elexarie
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

that text doesn't sound that bad, but theres a rather problem:

Whats about games, which don't have any kind of direction navigation?
jonander50
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try searching at first by an unknow value float, to step forward and do a "Next scan" with "increased value".

After not turn you back one step back and look for value "Decreased" until you get 100 or 200. Freeze all and see which way you can not move. If freezing all values keep moving is because a step forward reduces the value, indicating that moving forward can only be going to the West or South. In the latter case seeks a "Decreased value" to take a step forward and vice versa.
killmanx27
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome hey is there away to make like a suer jump by editing the Z coordinates ? cause i wanna hack a game called STALKER Clear Sky
AhMunRa
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killmanx27 wrote:
Awsome hey is there away to make like a suer jump by editing the Z coordinates ? cause i wanna hack a game called STALKER Clear Sky

You could but I'm not sure how difficult it would be. It might be easier to search for the gravity setting and lower or raise that based on pressing your jump button. The effect will be the same. As long as enemies aren't jumping also or moving downhill, as they would tend to float.

The problem with the Z method is that if you alter it and say go 20 units, for arguement lets say the person ingame is 6 units high, so you are basically jumping the equivelant of ground to a 2nd story, not a bad jump. When you are at that level, the game is still bound by it's physics, meaning when you hit the ground you will take damage.

jonander50
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killmanx27 wrote:

Try doing a search "Unknown value" / "Float" and situated just in front of a staircase / platform / slope.

Go up a step and looking for a "increased value", then go down the same step and search for "Same as first" to find between 100 and 200 values. Then apply the same operation as with the other coordinates; freezes all values and try to see if you can jump or climb stairs. It is normal if you get the value you literally insert the ladder, returning to the same Z coordinate as before.

Go selecting groups of values with "Shift + Ctrl + Up / Down" depressed at the same time to select a set of values and Thaw. If you can jump freely or do not embedded in the graph of the stairs then it is because the correct value lies between the set of values that you just thaw.

When you find the value, simply adjust to the height you want to appear and freeze. You can combine coodenadas X, Y and Z to teleport in a 3D environment, but make sure you fall into a particular place because otherwise you can lose life same as said before.
bogdan
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: How to log variable changes and store them to txt file? Reply with quote

I have found the memory addresses that store the values for X,Y,Z coordinates in Quake2. I tested them with /viewpos and Cheat Engine displays them correctly.

I need to save these X,Y,Z values every second (or less) in a txt file, so i can trace my movement inside the game (using some CAD software to visualize the points).

Is there any way to do this using Cheat Engine or a script for it?
Is there any other software that can record in a file the changing value at a specific memory address?

Thank you!
jonander50
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe entering the coordenate adresses in Ollydbg and some plugin, but I'm not sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: