Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Teacher

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sapu_sampah
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Need Teacher Reply with quote

who can teach me all about cheat engine??
XaLeX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its tutorial, the tutorial section and google Wink
sapu_sampah
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have tutorial ?? all about cheat engine:!: from A-Z...
Some Guy
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps trying the tutorial included when you install Cheat Engine would be sufficient to get you started?
XaLeX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's in the CE folder.
try it, and feel free to post on the forums and/or PM me for help Smile
sapu_sampah
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok .... any problem i pm u all.... i do not understand step3 can explain to me??

Step 3: Unknown initial value (PW=419482)
Ok, seeing that you've figured out how to find a value using exact value let's move on to the next step.

In the previous test we knew the initial value so we could do a exact value, but now we have a status bar where
we don't know the starting value.
We only know that the value is between 0 and 500. And each time you click 'hit me' you lose some health. The
amount you lose each time is shown above the status bar.

Again there are several different ways to find the value. (like doing a decreased value by... scan), but I'll only
explain the easiest. "Unknown initial value", and decreased value.
Because you don't know the value it is right now, a exact value wont do any good, so choose as scantype
'Unknown initial value', again, the value type is 4-bytes. (most windows apps use 4-bytes)
click first scan and wait till it's done.

When it is done click 'hit me'. You'll lose some of your health. (the amount you lost shows for a few seconds and
then disappears, but you don't need that)
Now go to Cheat Engine, and choose 'Decreased Value' and click 'Next Scan'
When that scan is done, click hit me again, and repeat the above till you only find a few.

We know the value is between 0 and 500, so pick the one that is most likely the address we need, and add it to
the list.
Now change the health to 5000, to proceed to the next step.

XaLeX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapu_sampah wrote:
Step 3: Unknown initial value (PW=419482)

now we have a status bar where we don't know the starting value.

Because you don't know the value, a exact value wont do any good, so choose as scantype 'Unknown initial value'.
click first scan and wait till it's done.

When it is done click 'hit me'. You'll lose some of your health.
Now go to Cheat Engine, and choose 'Decreased Value' and click 'Next Scan'
When that scan is done, click hit me again, and repeat the above till you only find a few.

Now change the health to 5000, to proceed to the next step.

those are the most important parts.

To summarize:

1) Do a new scan for an Unknown Value.
You'll get many addresses (every address, actually xD) so you need to trim the list.

2) Click "Hit me". The health will decrease.
Knowing that, you can do a Next Scan for a Decreased Value. Do it.

3) Repeat step 2 until you're left with one or few addresses. For this tutorial we know that our value is between 1~500, so pick the address that matches if there are more than one.

4) Change the address to 5000. The next button becomes clickable. good job =D
sapu_sampah
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this step??

Step 5: Code finder (PW=888899)
Sometimes the location something is stored at changes when you restart the game, or even while you're playing.. In
that case you can use 2 things to still make a table that works.
In this step I'll try to describe how to use the Code Finder function.

The value down here will be at a different location each time you start the tutorial, so a normal entry in the address
list wouldn't work.
First try to find the address. (you've got to this point so I assume you know how to)
When you've found the address, right-click the address in Cheat Engine and choose "Find out what writes to this
address". A window will pop up with an empty list.
Then click on the Change value button in this tutorial, and go back to Cheat Engine. If everything went right there
should be an address with assembler code there now.
Click it and choose the replace option to replace it with code that does nothing. That will also add the code address
to the code list in the advanced options window. (Which gets saved if you save your table)

Click on stop, so the game will start running normal again, and close to close the window.
Now, click on Change value, and if everything went right the Next button should become enabled.

Note: When you're freezing the address with a high enough speed it may happen that next becomes visible anyhow

Some Guy
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Scan for 100 (the initial value)
2. Press "change value" in the tutorial.
3. Enter the new value and press "next scan"
4. Double click the only value that remains, so it appears on the bottom list
5. Right-click the value on the bottom list and select "find out what writes to this address"
6. Press "change value" in the tutorial again
7. Click on the code that appears once (so it's highlited), then right-click it and select "Replace with code that does nothing (NOP)"
8. Press "Stop"
9. Close the window that appeared after step 5
10. Click "change value" once more, and the "next" button in the tutorial will become clickable.
sapu_sampah
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

???

Step 6: Pointers: (PW=098712)
In the previous step I explained how to use the Code finder to handle changing locations. But that method alone
makes it difficult to find the address to set the values you want.
That's why there are pointers:

At the bottom you'll find 2 buttons. One will change the value, and the other changes the value AND the location of
the value.
For this step you don't really need to know assembler, but it helps a lot if you do.

First find the address of the value. When you've found it use the function to find out what accesses this address.
Change the value again, and a item will show in the list. Double click that item. (or select and click on more info) and
a new window will open with detailed information on what happened when the instruction ran.
If the assembler instruction doesn't have anything between a '[' and ']' then use another item in the list.
If it does it will say what it think will be the value of the pointer you need.
Go back to the main cheat engine window (you can keep this extra info window open if you want, but if you close it,
remember what is between the [ and ] ) and do a 4 byte scan in hexadecimal for the value the extra info told you.
When done scanning it may return 1 or a few hundred addresses. Most of the time the address you need will be the
smallest one. Now click on manually add and select the pointer checkbox.

The window will change and allow you to type in the address of a pointer and a offset.
Fill in as address the address you just found.
If the assembler instruction has a calculation (e.g: [esi+12]) at the end then type the value in that's at the end. else
leave it 0. If it was a more complicated instruction look at the calculation.

example of a more complicated instruction:
[EAX*2+EDX+00000310] eax=4C and edx=00801234.
In this case EDX would be the value the pointer has, and EAX*2+00000310 the offset, so the offset you'd fill in
would be 2*4C+00000310=3A8. (this is all in hex, use cal.exe from windows in scientific mode to calculate)

Back to the tutorial, click OK and the address will be added, If all went right the address will show P->xxxxxxx, with
xxxxxxx being the address of the value you found. If thats not right, you've done something wrong.
Now, change the value using the pointer you added in 5000 and freeze it. Then click Change pointer, and if all went
right the next button will become visible.

extra:
And you could also use the pointer scanner to find the pointer to this address Question Question Question

Some Guy
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you actually bothered to read the instructions each step includes? It has a slightly longer version of everything we've been telling you!
sapu_sampah
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapu_sampah wrote:
???

i do not understand this step...same like step 5??

Step 6: Pointers: (PW=098712)
In the previous step I explained how to use the Code finder to handle changing locations. But that method alone
makes it difficult to find the address to set the values you want.
That's why there are pointers:

At the bottom you'll find 2 buttons. One will change the value, and the other changes the value AND the location of
the value.
For this step you don't really need to know assembler, but it helps a lot if you do.

First find the address of the value. When you've found it use the function to find out what accesses this address.
Change the value again, and a item will show in the list. Double click that item. (or select and click on more info) and
a new window will open with detailed information on what happened when the instruction ran.
If the assembler instruction doesn't have anything between a '[' and ']' then use another item in the list.
If it does it will say what it think will be the value of the pointer you need.
Go back to the main cheat engine window (you can keep this extra info window open if you want, but if you close it,
remember what is between the [ and ] ) and do a 4 byte scan in hexadecimal for the value the extra info told you.
When done scanning it may return 1 or a few hundred addresses. Most of the time the address you need will be the
smallest one. Now click on manually add and select the pointer checkbox.

The window will change and allow you to type in the address of a pointer and a offset.
Fill in as address the address you just found.
If the assembler instruction has a calculation (e.g: [esi+12]) at the end then type the value in that's at the end. else
leave it 0. If it was a more complicated instruction look at the calculation.

example of a more complicated instruction:
[EAX*2+EDX+00000310] eax=4C and edx=00801234.
In this case EDX would be the value the pointer has, and EAX*2+00000310 the offset, so the offset you'd fill in
would be 2*4C+00000310=3A8. (this is all in hex, use cal.exe from windows in scientific mode to calculate)

Back to the tutorial, click OK and the address will be added, If all went right the address will show P->xxxxxxx, with
xxxxxxx being the address of the value you found. If thats not right, you've done something wrong.
Now, change the value using the pointer you added in 5000 and freeze it. Then click Change pointer, and if all went
right the next button will become visible.

extra:
And you could also use the pointer scanner to find the pointer to this address Question Question Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: