Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat Engine with Thinapp games - Cant change or freeze valu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cychrn
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Cheat Engine with Thinapp games - Cant change or freeze valu Reply with quote

Dear all Gurus,

Greeting from Thailand! I've recently created some portable reflexive games using ThinApp 4.5 in fresh virtual environment using VMWare Workstation 7.0.1 build-227600. These games run normally when executing on real environment. So, I decided to try hacking the game using Cheat Engine 5.6. Then something strange happens. I could not find any correct address no matter how hard I tried. For a simple exact value, I first try exact number searching, then unknown value searching, still couldn't find the correct address.

I was quite upset. Later, I search through the settings in CE and try changing several settings and found out that the correct address can be found if the "MEM_MAPPED: Scan memory type" is enabled. The found address would be green color. After I added the entry to address list, the value of the address can neither be changed or frozen. Anyone has any idea of what I should do or what settings should I change to be able to change or freeze the value of the found address?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest making ce into a thinapp itself and from there target the proper process

anyhow, have you tried enabling kernelmode read/write memory
Also, go to that addressin the memory view window bottom part (hexview) rightclick and choose "Make page writable"

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
cychrn
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your quick reply and sorry for my delay response. After I tried with several games, it seems that only the first 2 games I tried with CE don't work. The rest of the games work well.

I tried all methods that you replied and all of them don't seem to work on that 2 games. The name of the 2 games are "Air Strike II Gulf Thunder" and "Tradewinds Odyssey". The values can be found with the "MEM_MAPPED: Scan memory type" enabled. The found value will be highlighted green. I tried enabling "Use kernelmode debugger options when possible" and "Make page writable" on the Hex view also the value still cannot be changed.

I also tried embeding the CE into the ThinApp bin folder and re-build; still it didn't work out.

Anyway, if you could find any other solution to make changes to green color address please advise.

Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: