Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange bug when opening CE Tutorial/Tutorial Games

View previous topic :: View next topic  
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject: Strange bug when opening CE Tutorial/Tutorial Games Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to game hacking with CE, and am currently having a strange bug where, if I attempt to open CE's x86 or x64 Tutorial, or its Tutorial Games, no window pops up and attempting to search for it in Processes or Applications yields nothing.

A bit of context though, I'm trying to learn game hacking through Guided Hacking, and originally installed a version of CE from there, which made the background color of CE dark, added a few other visual things, and *also* disabled the Tutorials by default.

So my next solution was installing a fresh copy of CE from its own site, which I did through its Github/compiling with Lazarus thinking it'd be fresh, but it seems to be doing the same thing as it did with Guided Hacking's version of CE

Any suggestions? Im thinking about deleting GH's version, testing CE, and if nothing just reinstall CE completely by itself w/o the GH version

Thank you, and sorry if this has been brought up before, lol
fade2gray
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You built Cheat Engine from the GitHub source, but you didn't build the tutorials, maybe?
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fade2gray wrote:
You built Cheat Engine from the GitHub source, but you didn't build the tutorials, maybe?

Maybe yeah, what's strange is even after deleting both copies and doing another completely new build from its source with Lazarus, it still saved the presets/configs of the original copy from GH

Same background color (dark grey), no Tutorials working, and all under a copy of CE 7.5 instead of it's original name of something like Aesop Engine

I kinda wonder if the original copy overwrote some much deeper files on Windows, and if it did oh well, I might be at a slight disadvantage, but I still have tons of online tutorials and games to practice on

Thank you though for this :^)
fade2gray
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Start with a fresh download of CE source.
  2. Compile cheat-engine-master\Cheat Engine\cheatengine.lpi.
  3. Compile cheat-engine-master\Cheat Engine\Tutorial\tutorial.lpi.
  4. Compile cheat-engine-master\Cheat Engine\Tutorial\tutorial.lpi.
  5. Compile cheat-engine-master\Cheat Engine\Tutorial\graphical\project1.lpi.
  6. After compiling project1.lpi, copy [b]gtutorial-i386.exe, gtutorial-x86_64.exe and the badassets folder from cheat-engine-master\Cheat Engine\Tutorial\graphical to cheat-engine-master\Cheat Engine\bin
  7. If you are likely to use all the i386, x86_64 and x86_64-SSE4-AVX2 executables, then rename them all, or just the one you are going to use most frequently, using Step 5: Change Cheat Engine Strings with HxD using this guide.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fade2gray wrote:

1. Start with a fresh download of CE source.
  2. Compile cheat-engine-master\Cheat Engine\cheatengine.lpi.
  3. Compile cheat-engine-master\Cheat Engine\Tutorial\tutorial.lpi.
  4. Compile cheat-engine-master\Cheat Engine\Tutorial\tutorial.lpi.
  5. Compile cheat-engine-master\Cheat Engine\Tutorial\graphical\project1.lpi.
  6. After compiling project1.lpi, copy [b]gtutorial-i386.exe, gtutorial-x86_64.exe and the badassets folder from cheat-engine-master\Cheat Engine\Tutorial\graphical to cheat-engine-master\Cheat Engine\bin
  7. If you are likely to use all the i386, x86_64 and x86_64-SSE4-AVX2 executables, then rename them all, or just the one you are going to use most frequently, using Step 5: Change Cheat Engine Strings with HxD using (Link removed because post rules).

Ohh, this fixed it, thank you! I think part of the problem occurred while trying to compile the Tutorial lpi. It was detecting that a file "laz.virtualtreeview_package" was missing, so manually adding it helped with that

Adding to the bin directory helped too, thank you very much again! :^)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: