Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kernel debugger detected and crashes game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X0rrup13d
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:44 pm    Post subject: Kernel debugger detected and crashes game Reply with quote

Trying to attach the debugger to Starcraft 2 to create ultrawide screen hack, and every time I attach, the game crashes and stops running.

I know DBK64 is loaded, and about window says DBVM is started, but I read in another post from Dark_Byte in 2010...
Quote:
with the kernelmode debugger you don't get any message asking if you want to attach the debugger. It just does it.

that's the best way to make sure you're actually using it

Just to clarify, that means when I try to set a breakpoint (hardware and DBVM), or click "Find out what accesses this address", does this mean it isn't using kernel debugger/DBVM? Or is that how it used to function?

A question about DBVM, in the docs (source\dbvm\docs\readme.txt), it says to load it on a boot disc, what would be the reason to do this?

And these are all the things I've tried.
Using driver64.dat, and have confirmed the service name has changed, but still crashes the game. Also tried renaming driver64.dat after loading, and before starting game.
Another thing I tried was compiling everything myself, but the driver I compiled myself complains about signing, even though used test cert.
So I tried disabling driver signing, and every time I get blue screen,
which could possibly due to the new WDK forcing me to change all "ExAllocatePool" to "ExAllocatePool2", and not changing ExFreePool.
Then I tried to use official driver with the CE that I compiled, I get "The driver couldn't be opened~ It's not loaded or not responding...". Maybe its because driver is from 7.4, and source I compiled was 7.5?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try dbvm debug. Kernelmode debug is outdated/EOL

in CE about settings click on your system supports DBVM and make it load DBVM

now go to settings->extra and make sure everything is disabled and then close CE. run the kernelmodule unloader

test the game. Does it still run?

If so, start CE now. Make sure it doesn't load the driver or anything. Now you can try scanning the game and then debug there, or you could attach to physical memory and then do dbvm find out what accesses/writes anbd enter the physical address you've found. This is handy for when process access is completely blocked

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
X0rrup13d
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey that worked!
It does crash the system pretty frequently at random, and does every time a breakpoint is hit. But I can finally see what is accessing addresses.

Thanks a lot man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: