Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CE won't accept script due to error i cannot find, see

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pintree3
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:47 am    Post subject: CE won't accept script due to error i cannot find, see Reply with quote

On a page with cheat table scripts I copied a script (written on C++). When I load it onto CE it says there is an error. Try as I may I cannot see that error. If I put in an online xml editor, it shows an error as well (but I think it's unrelated)
Attached is a jpg screen shot of the error. The CT file (converted from a text file which was copied from the website) which has the error is not accepted in this posting, it too stating it has an error. Hence since it seems links (according to other postings here) are allowed this is where I got the script.
Oops. It seems I "cannot post URLs yet"
Hence if you allow mw I can either post the URL or a jog showing the URl.
or i could tell you that the script was for Darksiders 3 (there appears to be only 2 online whereby one is good
Thank you

unexpectd.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.18 KB
 Viewed:  512 Time(s)

unexpectd.JPG

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably tried to copy / paste an AA script inside the Lua script window. Open an AA script window in Memory View -> Tools -> Auto Assemble, copy / paste it, then assign it to the cheat table in File -> Assign to current cheat table

Try completing the CE tutorial before asking questions. There's plenty of walkthroughs online.

pintree3
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank you
ParkourPenguin
I did try to learn from the tutorials, more than once over the past 2-3 years. It just doesn't seem to "speak" in a language I understand no matter how hard I tried (and I am not stupid by far). Strangely enough I speak 6 languages, but when it comes to computer stuff, it just goes over my head. I think partially it's because it uses words that have a different meaning in code (As a stupid example I think of "bight" when I read ''byte" but yes in this case i know the difference). Another reason perhaps is laziness and time, to really get into it.
(I am not a regular gamer, I have taken 120 hours in following a game via walkthroughs while others averaged 40 for that same game. Or I have had to quit games because though people have gotten a certain action in 1, 2 moves (and slower ones in 10-15), I have literally tried the same move over 100 times and have had to quit the game because of it. Hence me needing CE where wemod doesn't allow or have.
But yeah one of these days I will see if I could learn again. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: