Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want a Cheat Engine Tutor, Willing to Pay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gondracorn
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:51 am    Post subject: Want a Cheat Engine Tutor, Willing to Pay. Reply with quote

Hello! I am a general cheat engine user that uses tables and whatnot already created to use cheats.

I especially enjoy free cam cheats, and wish I could simply just create them.

I've asked on fearless cheat revolution, even got hooked up with an amazing free cam developer. But he dubbed me too stupid to use his cheats after a misunderstanding of me having trouble with a free cam hack (I figured out the problem anyway, was user error.), and since, have been constantly asking for another free cam developer.

P.S. That hacker won't do business with me anymore, and won't negotiate or even talk. Sad

Thus, I want to learn how to dp it myself, so I don't have to rely on others and fall into mistakes with them. It would be easier to pay someone to create the cheat and probably less expensive than hiring a tutor, but I can't find anyone.

Here's what I already know:
Searching for addresses by values
Adding addresses to the list
Saving lists
Modifying values

Here's what I don't understand:
Assembly understanding
Using pointers (The tutorial is confusing, I need someone to explain what is going on)
Lua Scripting from scratch (I can edit lua files to a small degree)
Making values "Stick" without crashing the game.

I plan on doing these cheats for Steam games, epic games, and whatnot. Until I get really good at it, I won't be offering custom services, so it will be a personal project.

There's this video that uses an injector for games on steam and how to use the injector to modify values or something to create camera cheats, but I can't understand the video very well, as it's too advanced for me to follow along.

If interested, send me a dm.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can give you some advice, I will say that there is enough information that is freely-available online to learn everything that you want to learn; you do not need to pay anyone.

I will also say that no one can just give you understanding. Sometimes, having assistance can help to reduce the amount of time that something may take in order to learn it, but a large time-investment is unavoidable, regardless of the approach that you take. It takes a lot of time and practice to commit this kind of knowledge to memory, understand it and apply it properly etc..

If I were you, I would focus on learning more of the basics first, using freely-available materials and resources. This and other forums are also available, where people volunteer their time to help others at no cost, regardless of your level. Once you have a better understanding of things, you can then focus on more specific tasks, such as camera manipulation.

You will not be doing yourself or anyone else any favors by trying to tackle higher-level scripting as a beginner. Likely, you will only frustrate yourself and the person that is trying to help you, which may ultimately cause you to give up and quit.

By learning the basics and building on them, and tackling challenges that are more suitable for your level, you can develop more confidence in yourself and be better-equipped to take on more difficult challenges as you progress, in lieu of just giving up when things inevitably become too difficult for you to even consider.
izytang
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:58 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

I'm in an almost identical situation as the OP (though, I finally had a breakthrough on pointers earlier this week). I might also add code injection and data structures to that list.

I assume there's no such thing as tutors for Cheat Engine, but if there are, I would also be interested, just to help get over some hurdles and get some momentum going.

Methos - while using all the freely available tools, guides, and resources to be be entirely self-taught is totally valid, so too is tutoring and personalized guided learning. I used to be a tutor for those struggling with math, physics, and chemistry. Many of my students were doing all the right things of reading textbooks, watching video lectures, and doing homework, but were still struggling and getting stuck in certain areas. As a tutor, I would try to understand where they were getting hung up and why, then reformulate the information that gave them those "a ha" moments. Once students got to that point, the momentum would pick up for them and they would no longer need tutoring. They weren't (most of them) asking to be spoon-fed information, or being lazy and not doing homework. Sometimes quite the contrary where they were putting in full-time hours worth of effort, but going no where. For some people, the personalized human element is necessary for things to click.

I would apply all the above here as well. The OP clearly has put in effort to learn the basics and has thought forward enough to consider an outline of topics to tackle next. There's genuine interest in having to learn and put in the effort to develop game hacking skills - and not just have everything done for them. We accept it as normal to have K-12 teachers, math/English tutors, personal trainers, and music lessons - why not extend that to other areas, like game hacking and modding?

If there really are any Cheat Engine tutors out there, I too would be interested. Perhaps doing some 1-hour sessions on Zoom/Skype. And if there's enough people wanting tutors, then that opens up the possibility of having a virtual classroom. No clue what rates would be (maybe $20 - $50 / Hr, like "regular" math tutors), but I'm willing to reasonably pay for sessions.

gondracorn - If you're still wanting to understand pointers, I could try my hand at a tutoring session. I'd help me solidify my own recent understanding of them.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izytang - Maybe there is some misunderstanding. I am not saying that there is not a place for paid help, or that it cannot provide value. I am just saying that it is not necessary in this case, and that starting with and building on the basics will be the best course of action, since going straight into something higher-level may result in frustration and failure.

All levels of questions can be answered here and on other CE-related forums, for free, for those that are willing and able to help. Whether you are paying someone or asking via a free forum, most will advise you to learn the basics before trying to tackle camera manipulation, simply because they know and understand what will be required for that. Probably, some will be willing to take your money, regardless, however.
gondracorn
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone - I am going to clear something up.

I am looking for help with places I'm struggling with. Such as pointers. I am not going to take it like one big "bite". Usually, when eating something large, you would take small bites, so to speak.

I'm going to do this step by step, piece by small piece. I just need to get through a few barriers and things I don't understand. I've looked up some tutorials on pointers, but not all of them. If you guys know any tutorials as well, link me and I will look at them.

As for Code Injection and Data Structures, I would like to know where to learn this too.

One step at a time though. Right now I'm dealing with understand of pointers.
Aly Niichi
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Want a Cheat Engine Tutor, Willing to Pay. Reply with quote

gondracorn wrote:
Hello! I am a general cheat engine user that uses tables and whatnot already created to use cheats.

I especially enjoy free cam cheats, and wish I could simply just create them.

I've asked on fearless cheat revolution, even got hooked up with an amazing free cam developer. But he dubbed me too stupid to use his cheats after a misunderstanding of me having trouble with a free cam hack (I figured out the problem anyway, was user error.), and since, have been constantly asking for another free cam developer.

P.S. That hacker won't do business with me anymore, and won't negotiate or even talk. Sad

Thus, I want to learn how to dp it myself, so I don't have to rely on others and fall into mistakes with them. It would be easier to pay someone to create the cheat and probably less expensive than hiring a tutor, but I can't find anyone.

Here's what I already know:
Searching for addresses by values
Adding addresses to the list
Saving lists
Modifying values

Here's what I don't understand:
Assembly understanding
Using pointers (The tutorial is confusing, I need someone to explain what is going on)
Lua Scripting from scratch (I can edit lua files to a small degree)
Making values "Stick" without crashing the game.

I plan on doing these cheats for Steam games, epic games, and whatnot. Until I get really good at it, I won't be offering custom services, so it will be a personal project.

There's this video that uses an injector for games on steam and how to use the injector to modify values or something to create camera cheats, but I can't understand the video very well, as it's too advanced for me to follow along.

If interested, send me a dm.

izytang wrote:
I'm in an almost identical situation as the OP (though, I finally had a breakthrough on pointers earlier this week). I might also add code injection and data structures to that list.

I assume there's no such thing as tutors for Cheat Engine, but if there are, I would also be interested, just to help get over some hurdles and get some momentum going.

Methos - while using all the freely available tools, guides, and resources to be be entirely self-taught is totally valid, so too is tutoring and personalized guided learning. I used to be a tutor for those struggling with math, physics, and chemistry. Many of my students were doing all the right things of reading textbooks, watching video lectures, and doing homework, but were still struggling and getting stuck in certain areas. As a tutor, I would try to understand where they were getting hung up and why, then reformulate the information that gave them those "a ha" moments. Once students got to that point, the momentum would pick up for them and they would no longer need tutoring. They weren't (most of them) asking to be spoon-fed information, or being lazy and not doing homework. Sometimes quite the contrary where they were putting in full-time hours worth of effort, but going no where. For some people, the personalized human element is necessary for things to click.

I would apply all the above here as well. The OP clearly has put in effort to learn the basics and has thought forward enough to consider an outline of topics to tackle next. There's genuine interest in having to learn and put in the effort to develop game hacking skills - and not just have everything done for them. We accept it as normal to have K-12 teachers, math/English tutors, personal trainers, and music lessons - why not extend that to other areas, like game hacking and modding?

If there really are any Cheat Engine tutors out there, I too would be interested. Perhaps doing some 1-hour sessions on Zoom/Skype. And if there's enough people wanting tutors, then that opens up the possibility of having a virtual classroom. No clue what rates would be (maybe $20 - $50 / Hr, like "regular" math tutors), but I'm willing to reasonably pay for sessions.

gondracorn - If you're still wanting to understand pointers, I could try my hand at a tutoring session. I'd help me solidify my own recent understanding of them.

Hello! 😃
gondracorn and izytang, are you still interested on Cheat Engine tutoring? I'm willing to help!

At the moment, I'm available every day.
Also, I'm willing to do long-term tutoring, if it's of interest.

Over the years, I made various personal Cheat Engine tables, for PC games and emulated games.
While making my tables, I learned many Cheat Engine features such as:
- Scan addresses, various types
- Pointers
- Set hotkeys
- Lua scripts
- Auto Assembler
- Instruction debugging & tracing

What specific games do you plan on doing cheats? Is there any you'd like to start with?
That way we could learn hands-on, and exchange our knowledge! 💪
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: