Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

get pointer from aobscanmodule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devAnd
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:00 pm    Post subject: get pointer from aobscanmodule Reply with quote

I'm returning to cheating studies and I made a Full HP for the game grim dawn, this is the script code:

i. imgur. com/Oc2QOaf. png
(i cant post urls yet, sorry for this ugly url)

I want to somehow get the pointer+offset from this code because I need it to make a code in c++ that changes the HP whenever I want, how can I do that? (about get pointer, no c++ code) Video tutorials that can help me on this journey are very welcome.
Autem
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: get pointer from aobscanmodule Reply with quote

I prefer the manual method taught in the tutorial which is focused upon in this video which may help you. When I am able to find one this way, it typically sticks/lasts forever (even enduring future restarts, etc...) which is why I prefer it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifi3rDI6d58

It's also a good idea to use the built in CE tutorial (the tut steps to focus on are mentioned in the video) to practice the manual approach in what will likely be a little bit of an easier environment than when you try it in the full game.

When this method doesn't work for some reason, then I default to generating a pointer map and using the pointer scanner. When I find a pointer this way, sometimes it's not going to stick/last forever with future restarts, etc... and then you'll have to pull up the saved results and weed out the bad pointers and choose a different one from the list. Here's a vid on pointer scanner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oC0w6WhZ1E
devAnd
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: get pointer from aobscanmodule Reply with quote

the second technique I know, the first I never tried, it seems very interesting...

thank you very much for the links
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: