Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some help with changing ages of FIFA players

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koffiewafel
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject: Need some help with changing ages of FIFA players Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I felt like playing FIFA 2005 again cause I love that particular game. I'm trying to change the age of different players. But as you can guess, a lot of players have the same age, which results in a lot of results with the age number of 32 for example. What is the most efficient/smart way to change the age of a particular player that you want the age changed of? Say for example I want the age of Christian Vieri back to 19. How do I know which record of 32 belongs to him so that I'm fully sure I change the record of HIS age. I know I can search for strings and then type in C. Vieri and I get a particular address code. But what to do further, I have no idea. So in short, what is the fastest way to change the age of a particular player (C. Vieri in this example) without changing every value of 32 in the whole game, but specifically for Christian Vieri only.

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Thanks a lot.

Koffie
LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably searching the age of the selected character, selecting another character and then searching for their age. Then repeating until you have enough results to determine the correct address. Can't say for certain if this is a viable method because I've never played the game.
Koffiewafel
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeFiXER wrote:
Probably searching the age of the selected character, selecting another character and then searching for their age. Then repeating until you have enough results to determine the correct address. Can't say for certain if this is a viable method because I've never played the game.

Not sure what you mean by this. I can select the character in game but still I get tons of results when searching for 32.
LeFiXER

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, then when you select another character scan for the new value.
Koffiewafel
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeFiXER wrote:
Yes, then when you select another character scan for the new value.

Okay but what is the use of that? When I select another character with age 27 for example, what does that have to do with finding the age record of Christian Vieri? I dont get it.
LeFiXER

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In memory there are entity lists, each entity will have a set of properties for example: age, height, weight, monetary worth etc.... If you find the location in memory where this pointer is populated then you can always find the age of the player no matter which one you have selected therefore achieving the very goal of what you want to do.

You must narrow the address down so you can find out what accesses the address. Instructions that pop-up in the opcode window show you locations where that address is accessed. You can dig around in the disassembler to find a suitable location to inject into.

There should be a register which holds the pointer address to the age thereby giving you the information you want.
Koffiewafel
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeFiXER wrote:
In memory there are entity lists, each entity will have a set of properties for example: age, height, weight, monetary worth etc.... If you find the location in memory where this pointer is populated then you can always find the age of the player no matter which one you have selected therefore achieving the very goal of what you want to do.

You must narrow the address down so you can find out what accesses the address. Instructions that pop-up in the opcode window show you locations where that address is accessed. You can dig around in the disassembler to find a suitable location to inject into.

There should be a register which holds the pointer address to the age thereby giving you the information you want.

Okay so say that I found the address code of Christian Vieri, how do I narrow down the address to see what accesses it? For me in order to find the age number that belongs to him. Not familiair with the opcode or disassembler, will have to find that tomorrow. If you dont mind it would greatly help if you could post a printscreen of what you mean so that I have a visual picture of it. Thanks for the help so far.
LeFiXER

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this video will demonstrate further: /watch?v=-RiDP_6t1IE

I would recommend watching the whole video to understand better although the find out what accesses/writes to part is at 14-minutes and 30-seconds in.
Koffiewafel
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok like I said I found the string C. Vieri in game with an address code (because thats probably the clearest way to know its his record) and when scrolling through different teams in the Italian A series and having the debugger on it seems to show two things. I have no idea what to do further after these steps.. I attached a printscreen.

image.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.86 KB
 Viewed:  1488 Time(s)

image.png

LeFiXER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strings are created by using an array of characters (char for ANSI which are 1-byte in size, wchar for Unicode which are 2-bytes in size). The screenshot you provided really does not give much information other than it's setting an 8-bit value from DL to the address held in ECX.

The player struct could hold another pointer to an array which holds the name which is why it's better to work with a single value.
Koffiewafel
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the good intentions you probably have I am no tech-savvy guy with that kind of deep knowledge. I'm afraid it doesn't help me further. I managed to find the address code of C. Vieri when searching for the string 'C. Vieri' but the question is how I get to his age after that. Opening the debugger and trying to look at his profile bio or sorting players within Inter Milan doesnt give anything for the debugger. Only when looking at other teams in the series A and going back to Inter Milan results in the printscreen I just gave. That's about all the information I can give. I appreciate the help for sure, but it would be great if we could break it down to easy to follow steps.
LeFiXER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save explaining a topic which has been covered plenty of times. I recommend searching YouTube for videos on finding player structs/entity lists.

Here is one to get you started:
/watch?v=0Hr-8rH3nWs
Koffiewafel
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't get me anywhere too, guess I need to find another way to get it done. Thanks for the help though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: