Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Parry/Auto Dodge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
happyTugs
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:34 pm    Post subject: Auto Parry/Auto Dodge Reply with quote

Hello.

The game I am looking at is the Witcher 3 DX11, and I am trying to figure out how the dodge mechanic works to create a script that automatically dodges enemy attack.

I was largely inspired by Fang's demonstration. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R5wquxz-_4

From my research and investigation with W3's proprietary .ws scripts, a float timer is activated before an enemy attack, and the player must input a keypress that presumably sets the is_dodging flag before the timer ends. Since finding the timer is difficult due to the small timeframe, I tried to find the flag activated by the keypress by searching for Boolean values; however, this venture was not successful. I was thinking about acquiring a handle to DirectX, checking for the dodge keypress (i.e. VK_LMENU), and tracing upwards to search for that particular flag. Is this feasible, or is there an easier method, or should I be focusing on something else entirely?

If you have coded an auto parry/auto dodge before, do you have any tips that you can share with me, or what the process was like?

Warm regards,
happyTugs

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:41 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

It may depend on how the data is being handled.

If you know that there is a dodge timer, then that would be an easy approach. If the window for scanning is tight, try to slow the process down with CE's speedhack or similar.

Once found, you can just write a script that will initialize the appropriate key inputs for the dodge or parry to occur.

With Sleeping Dogs, if I recall correctly, there was a flag that would be triggered whenever an enemy was attacking you. Once that was found, it was simply a matter of artificially relaying user input for the block to occur.

In my case, I ended up using the game's code for that, since I could not get LUA to work properly. I also had to create an artificial timer that would forcefully send the input signal multiple times as a guarantee, since it would not always trigger, otherwise (I believe, since my memory has become toilet).
happyTugs
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
It may depend on how the data is being handled.
If you know that there is a dodge timer, then that would be an easy approach. If the window for scanning is tight, try to slow the process down with CE's speedhack or similar.

Once found, you can just write a script that will initialize the appropriate key inputs for the dodge or parry to occur.

With Sleeping Dogs, if I recall correctly, there was a flag that would be triggered whenever an enemy was attacking you. Once that was found, it was simply a matter of artificially relaying user input for the block to occur.

greetz ++METHOS! Cool

Thank you for the advice. and I figured out the issue.

I opened up the Witcher 3 mod SDK, logged any relevant calls, and traced how the dodge function was called. It turns out that there is a class responsible for how actions are managed called W3DamageManagerProcessor. Specifically, there is a member function called ProcessAction that processes actions.

It seems I wasted a lot of time looking for the wrong thing. Rolling Eyes

Anyways, I will hook the function inside Cheat Engine, invoke the dodge keypress, and then call it a day....

cheers!
happyTugs

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it. It is always nice when we have identifiable data to work with.
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happyTugs wrote:

That happens to me more than I can count.
But that's the fun part, right? Very Happy
TsTg
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

happyTugs wrote:

you're not alone my friend Very Happy
vanko52
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 12:42 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

I am looking for this auto dodge table for so long and I currently don't have time learning how to make tables with CT I can only change values etc. Mind if you share it I will be greatful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: