Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Max player count bypass as host

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vooker525
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Max player count bypass as host Reply with quote

Hello, trying to modify playercount but stuck due to lack of knowledge. Called Deep Rock Galactic.
Game is built on Unreal Engine 4, coop multiplayer with 4 players in one session. There are no dedicated servers so player acts as host.
There was a bug when more than 4 players could be in one session without game crashing, means that game can handle more. I got curious if its possible to artificially make game think that i (as host) have less than 4 players or find function that can change max players or remove playercount check when someone joins and also show others in server list that my session is available to join even if i already have full team. However i dont know exactly what to search and change (and how).
This is how i think it works: When i have available slot, my game is shows in server list for others when they search. If session is full, players cant join (obviously). If i have 1 slot open and there are 2 players trying to join at the same time, one of them kicks by game. If game doesnt have enough CPU power to run and react (or when game is frozen), those 2 players join at the same time and there is nothing that can kick them. When i unfreeze game, they both join.

I tried to search for some functions in memory viewer that are responsible for playercount but there are many of them. Rough searching for number of current players sometimes gives out around 30 or more than 300 results. Some of them affects shown amount of free slots in discord invite, some of them work with physics functions. Some shows amount of spawned objects. One was dedicated to network driver. Usually changing or freezing these numbers lead to crash. Sometimes game crashes after mission start or switching character or when someone joins.
If if find something that i think would be useful, i dont really know what to do with it. Simply removing piece of code is probably not a good idea.

Any advises? Lobby with more than 4 players would be fun
I can provide more info if needed

Screenshot_136.png
 Description:
Dont know what is this..
 Filesize:  90.93 KB
 Viewed:  2935 Time(s)

Screenshot_136.png

Screenshot_135.png
 Description:
Didnt screenshot full code. It has instruction that increases value by 1 after player joins. I NOPped that and some values went to 255-254 after friend left and joined several times. No crash but obviously there is an instruction that increases value, but
 Filesize:  7.96 KB

Screenshot_135.png

Screenshot_134.png
 Description:
Checked one address what writes to it. Manual change lead to crash
 Filesize:  68.92 KB

Screenshot_134.png

Screenshot_133.png
 Description:
Probably initializers are not what is needed..
 Filesize:  227.25 KB

Screenshot_133.png

RegretNeedsHelp
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Max player count bypass as host Reply with quote

Vooker525 wrote:
Hello, trying to modify playercount but stuck due to lack of knowledge. Called Deep Rock Galactic.
Game is built on Unreal Engine 4, coop multiplayer with 4 players in one session. There are no dedicated servers so player acts as host.
There was a bug when more than 4 players could be in one session without game crashing, means that game can handle more. I got curious if its possible to artificially make game think that i (as host) have less than 4 players or find function that can change max players or remove playercount check when someone joins and also show others in server list that my session is available to join even if i already have full team. However i dont know exactly what to search and change (and how).
This is how i think it works: When i have available slot, my game is shows in server list for others when they search. If session is full, players cant join (obviously). If i have 1 slot open and there are 2 players trying to join at the same time, one of them kicks by game. If game doesnt have enough CPU power to run and react (or when game is frozen), those 2 players join at the same time and there is nothing that can kick them. When i unfreeze game, they both join.

I tried to search for some functions in memory viewer that are responsible for playercount but there are many of them. Rough searching for number of current players sometimes gives out around 30 or more than 300 results. Some of them affects shown amount of free slots in discord invite, some of them work with physics functions. Some shows amount of spawned objects. One was dedicated to network driver. Usually changing or freezing these numbers lead to crash. Sometimes game crashes after mission start or switching character or when someone joins.
If if find something that i think would be useful, i dont really know what to do with it. Simply removing piece of code is probably not a good idea.

Any advises? Lobby with more than 4 players would be fun
I can provide more info if needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: