Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to find the score in a WarioWare Twisted minigame

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhoran
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject: How to find the score in a WarioWare Twisted minigame Reply with quote

Hi,

I love the minigame Apple Assault in WarioWare Twisted. I remember one time years ago that eventually green apples started to appear. I could git good, but I want to cheat to see them again. My theory is that they are tied to your current score.

My issue is that I have tried searching for the exact score in Cheat Engine with Value Type set to All and come up with results, but they don't update with new scores. In fact, they disappear when I run a Next Scan for a new exact value. I have found the addresses that track how many of each apple you have killed using a 2 byte string, but modifying that does not affect the score. Finally, I tried searching for an Unknown Value with Value Type set to All and looked for values that increase after every score. After a lot of scans, the best I got was getting it down to about 30 addresses, but they were all decimals (I think the proper term is Floating Points) and none of them contained the proper numbers for the current score.

I'm pretty sure that with the score displaying as 6 digits, it's not using a 1 or 2 byte string. Anybody know what to do?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is an old game, try treating and searching for the score as individual digits/values.

So, if the score is 12345, then you would want to search for 1 as a completely separate value. Then 2, then 3 and so forth.

Likely, you will be dealing with byte type (possibly two byte).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: