Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to find Saint Row IV money address? Explained here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grasmanek94
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: How to find Saint Row IV money address? Explained here! Reply with quote

Yes, HOW TO CHEAT MONEY IN SR4.
If you see you have 22,123 money, you need to search for a 4 byte value between 2212300 and 2212399, repeat until one address found Smile
Geri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I move this topic, because it's not a cheat table, but still a useful information.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could make use of the special "money" type.
(civilization 5 uses this type as well)

moneytype.lua
 Description:
copy to the autorun folder in the cheat engine install dir

Download
 Filename:  moneytype.lua
 Filesize:  2.01 KB
 Downloaded:  36295 Time(s)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Geri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that topics like this could have their own section. I moved it here, but this is not general gamehacking, it's gamehacking that is related to a specific game. I just don't know how many people would use a section where you can post simple stuff like "money is float, health is stored on 4 bytes" etc. Sometimes you can't or don't want to make a table for a game, but still, info about the game is useful. I also made similar topics in the past or just posted in a random topic that x value is stored like this. Eg here:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=535320

I also posted this is general gamehacking, but it's not really general, it's game specific and info like this could be gathered in one place, just like tables or trainers. It would be useful for beginners or for games where making a table is harder, but finding a value with scanning is easy. (I know, use the search function, but some organization to gather similar topics doesn't hurt I guess.)

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should be appended to existing threads. But the problem is that the forum doesn't have append to thread, only split

Kavvman
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geri wrote:
I think that topics like this could have their own section. I moved it here, but this is not general gamehacking, it's gamehacking that is related to a specific game. I just don't know how many people would use a section where you can post simple stuff like "money is float, health is stored on 4 bytes" etc. Sometimes you can't or don't want to make a table for a game, but still, info about the game is useful. I also made similar topics in the past or just posted in a random topic that x value is stored like this. Eg here:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=535320

I also posted this is general gamehacking, but it's not really general, it's game specific and info like this could be gathered in one place, just like tables or trainers. It would be useful for beginners or for games where making a table is harder, but finding a value with scanning is easy. (I know, use the search function, but some organization to gather similar topics doesn't hurt I guess.)

That is actually a nice point. Maybe make a new section something called "Game specific gamehacking information" where threads about different games are made and all information about a game is posted in its separate thread under one section.

Would be far easier to post hacking information for different games in one place.

grasmanek94
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted this because I hate that there is no trainer which as this functionality.. or it has but you have to pay, seriously, I'm not going to pay for cheats XD and a separate section would be cool ye, I was in doubt about where to post it.

Then one thread per game where all info can be posted?
Geri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
I think they should be appended to existing threads. But the problem is that the forum doesn't have append to thread, only split

The other problem is, what happens if you have info about a game that doesn't have a topic yet? Then you can't post in an already existing topic. For example in my case, I have posted that topic here, because I was the first one to post anything about the game, but it didn't fit anywhere. Not a cheat request, not a table, not a trainer and not a script. It's info about the game if you are looking for some values.

grasmanek94
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) let users just create the threads if they don't exist, (we have rules and rule breakers...)

2) make a request topic ? xD
3) or something that probbly won't happen: Get another CMS/webpage for that (and make the accounts connected between this forum and game hacking info CMS?) then just get a list of all games and put it there to select. Or use some peer-review system like stackoverflow.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are free to add to http://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Gamecheats:Gamecheats

Of course, forum accounts and wiki aren't currently connected (perhaps in the future)

Hathor
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: How to find Saint Row IV money address? Explained here! Reply with quote

grasmanek94 wrote:
Yes, HOW TO CHEAT MONEY IN SR4.
If you see you have 22,123 money, you need to search for a 4 byte value between 2212300 and 2212399, repeat until one address found Smile

Hello there Smile
I just want to say Thanks for this nice guide , i couldn't break that money cheat untill I saw your post
Thanks again
Regards
TrexxaByte
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:07 pm    Post subject: Uncommon Knowledge - Hundredths Decimal Reply with quote

I may have misunderstood, but at some point it seemed like it should be common knowledge or go without saying that to find the money address in a game, you'll need to include the ¢ cents... out to the hundredth decimal place.

I just wanted to share that - even as a technologically inclined individual - would have never figured that out. Mainly due to the fact that the game doesn't calculate any change, so I would've never thought to add a range from 00 to 99.

I'm not like... Bill Gates or Zuckerberg or Steve Jobs... or Snowden, but I'd like to consider myself to be decently above the "curve". I do a bit of Python programming... dabbled in Perl scripting back in the day, and QBASIC way WAY back in the day.

Thank the Internet Gods I ran across this post... I tried doing the "find out what writes to this address" and everything. I started to think it couldn't be cheated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: