Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sword Art Online Lost Song Sincerely Begging for Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmydl
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:17 am    Post subject: Sword Art Online Lost Song Sincerely Begging for Help Reply with quote

Hello, there. Thank you for reading this post.

I've been tracing a certain function for a certain time. However due to lack of knowledge I quite struggled during tracing the function. I've already made a small bunch of cheat code which may help finding the exact function.
What I'm aiming is to turn off the restriction of a certain stuff in game, Fly Height Restriction.

In SAO: Lost Song's adventuring maps there is a restriction to the height you may fly. You may be forced changing from any flying mode to non-fly mode while restrction is reached. While the restriction may be cancelled after pushing through a certain scene in game, the restriction exists before you make it through. I've tracked the assembly both in IDA and CE shamely I couldn't have found anything valuable.

What I found so far:
There is a address that records current statement of height. 0 for no restrict, 1 for start showing restrict sign and 2 for restrction reached. However it isn't accessed for switching on the restriction so changing it doesn't affect anything.
Then I check the Height coordinate's code access but no valuable code accessed height coordinate while restriction is switched on.
Finally I check the code that used for character's current statement(0 for non-fly, 1 for fly-and-stay-still, 2 for Aerial mode which means to fly). Finding that there is only one instruction writes to the address("SAOLS.exe+291D49" - mov [rbx+00000BB4],ebp). I also look up the instructions that access the code, there are some interesting codes but none of them relates straight to the restriction. I also tried break and trace instruction the result somehow broke after an instruction called 'syscall' and I wasn't able to track any further.(I tick all the option off except differance addresses to maximize the information I can get.)

What I made so far:
I made 2 test that can somehow avoids the statement to be written. Which means you may keep the current flying statement even after the restriction is switched on. But unfortunately you may not be able to change your current statement between fly-and-stay-still and Aerial-mode because they use the same program to write them into the address.(You may still be able to change to non-fly mode.)

The Cheat Table is below the post.
Thank you for reading this post. May I have a kindly helping hand?

The cheat table is 22kb and somehow too big to post. I'm really sorry for this and you may download it through the link.(icedrive.net/s/VfVSbjTVjxPiXTu94VtGwu3bkxbY)
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tables aren't allowed to be posted here anymore, and specific game requests aren't allowed either. Try a third party site:
https://forum.cheatengine.org/thirdparty.php

If you really want to do this yourself, learn about basic reverse engineering. You're probably looking for a jcc or a call instruction to nop somewhere near an instruction that accesses a relevant value ("near" could mean up the callstack or in a callee). Identifying which one is correct would be infeasible for someone who has no idea how to understand assembly at a higher level.

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if it's an online game, then that won't be supported here, either, and the data may not even be changeable without special access.
xmydl
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Tables aren't allowed to be posted here anymore, and specific game requests aren't allowed either. Try a third party site:

If you really want to do this yourself, learn about basic reverse engineering. You're probably looking for a jcc or a call instruction to nop somewhere near an instruction that accesses a relevant value ("near" could mean up the callstack or in a callee). Identifying which one is correct would be infeasible for someone who has no idea how to understand assembly at a higher level.

I feel really sorry for my violation to the rules. Should I delete the subject for good?
By the way, as far as I can confess I've already studied xrefs and all the calls in that specific function by disassembling it. However no valuable piece of information could have been found. What a shame...
Oh! And I'm sorry to forgot mentioning that it's a single-player game.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules are in place to prevent any potential lawsuits. This topic existing is fine.

I'm not sure these rules were stated anywhere that could be easily found, but the "single player cheat request" forum being locked should be a hint.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: