Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patching a file with x64dbg after finding ram addresses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
birdenjoyer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject: Patching a file with x64dbg after finding ram addresses Reply with quote

I've been tinkering with an exe game. After finding a memory address I wanted to change using Cheat Engine (I want to change a je to a jne op), I successfully managed to change the game's code.

I want to modify the .exe file so that when I launch the game, that je is already modified to a jne. However, I read that when editing memory in Cheat Engine, the memory modified is RAM, and therefore I cannot use any tools such as olly or x64dbg (because they modify disk memory, not RAM) to patch the exe.

I tried to find the address I found in CE at the disk file memory, but it seems as if the memory is only available after the game.exe is launched.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the address addresable using a modulename+offset or it is a dynamic/jitted address ?

also, if it's a static exe address you can also use CE. After editing go to tools->scan for patches and choose the .exe
then rightclick the edit you made and choose created patched exe from selected entries

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make the changes you want.

Go to Memory Viewer -> Tools -> Scan for patches. Select the module to scan.

Select the changes you want to include, then right click -> Create patched exe from selected addresses.

Close everything, rename the original exe to something else (e.g. game.exe.bak), and rename the new exe to the name of the original exe.

birdenjoyer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
is the address addresable using a modulename+offset or it is a dynamic/jitted address ?

also, if it's a static exe address you can also use CE. After editing go to tools->scan for patches and choose the .exe
then rightclick the edit you made and choose created patched exe from selected entries

The address is addressable using a modulename+offset.

I tried changing the opcode (je->jne) but nothing shows up in the patches window?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: