Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hotkey to unrandomizer? (STILL PARTIALLY UNSOLVED Feb 7th)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Autem
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:56 am    Post subject: Hotkey to unrandomizer? (STILL PARTIALLY UNSOLVED Feb 7th) Reply with quote

The unrandomizer has been very handy but how can I assign a hotkey to it? I'd be ok with it being a keyboard hotkey, or a controller hotkey. Either one is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Autem on Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: How do I assign a hotkey to the unrandomizer? Reply with quote

Autem wrote:
The unrandomizer has been very handy but how can I assign a hotkey to it? I'd be ok with it being a keyboard hotkey, or a controller hotkey. Either one is fine.

Thanks in advance.

The unrandomiser for what?
Autem
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheat Engine has a check box for "unrandomizer" right above the check box for "enable speedhack" on its scan settings. I'm looking to set a hotkey to enable/disable that check box.
LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use this. Set the combination in the "keys" table.
Code:

local keys = { VK_SHIFT, VK_U }

if hk then hk.destroy(); hk = nil end

hk = createHotkey(function()
                  getMainForm().cbUnrandomizer.Checked = true
                  end, keys)
Autem
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeFiXER wrote:
You can use this. Set the combination in the "keys" table.
Code:

local keys = { VK_SHIFT, VK_U }

end, keys)

This is partially working but I'm still needing to alt+tab out of the game for the confirmation box. What happens is, I'm in game and hit the hotkey and then a warning box pops up that explains what the unrandomizer does, and still requires me to alt+tab over to the CE windows to actually be able to confirm it or click yes. Simply hitting enter, or hitting "y" for yes doesn't work because my inputs are still going into the game itself until I alt+tab back over to CE which is what I'm trying to skip the need to do.

How do I either disable the need for that unrandomizer warning box on activation, or confirm the "yes" option without having to alt+tab out of the game?
Autem
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: Below is the code I've been using to toggle the unrandomizer on/off but I still have the issue of every single time I toggle it on, it has that popup "warning" I still need to alt+tab over to and confirm. What would I need to add or modify with this code to either skip that popup, or automatically confirm it?

Code:
local keys = { VK_SNAPSHOT }

if ((getMainForm().cbUnrandomizer.Checked) == true) then
                  getMainForm().cbUnrandomizer.Checked = false
                  else
                  end
                  end, keys)
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK that can't be done right now. If you really want it, modify CE's source and submit a PR on GitHub.

Maybe you could do something with doKeyPress and automatically alt+tab / enter, but even if that did work it would be stupid.

You could hack onto CE and remove the call to messagedlg using `autoAssemble` w/ targetSelf = true, but that would be even more stupid.

Autem
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
AFAIK that can't be done right now. If you really want it, modify CE's source and submit a PR on GitHub.

Maybe you could do something with doKeyPress and automatically alt+tab / enter, but even if that did work it would be stupid.

You could hack onto CE and remove the call to messagedlg using `autoAssemble` w/ targetSelf = true, but that would be even more stupid.

Am I understanding right that I'm the first person in history to bring this up? That nobody knows an already existing solution?

Code:
modify CE's source

That's like telling someone "well if you want a home, just build one" ...but the person you're saying it to has no idea where to even begin. That same person also knows homes already exist. See what I'm saying?

Did Dark Byte create CE? Dark Byte, do you know the answer?

Is this a bad site or forum to ask these questions? If so, can someone direct me to what site or forum I should be asking for help on?

Thanks to anyone that can help.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. You're the only person I've witnessed to have complained about this. I think this is the first time I've heard the unrandomizer brought up on these forums in 5+ years.

I've used CE for nearly 20 years now and can count on one hand how many times I've tried to use the unrandomizer. It's never worked. It doesn't even work on the CE tutorial (random damage to health on step 2).

If you don't want to work on it yourself, hope someone else does. You've voiced your complaint. That's all you can do.

Autem
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Yes. You're the only person I've witnessed to have complained about this. I think this is the first time I've heard the unrandomizer brought up on these forums in 5+ years.

I've used CE for nearly 20 years now and can count on one hand how many times I've tried to use the unrandomizer. It's never worked. It doesn't even work on the CE tutorial (random damage to health on step 2).

If you don't want to work on it yourself, hope someone else does. You've voiced your complaint. That's all you can do.

The unrandomizer works great, and exactly as expected. We just have different experiences with it, that's all. That doesn't make it worthless.

At no point did I make a complaint. I'm asking for an answer and have added the supplementary question of if nobody here knows, or if I'm becoming an annoyance by asking, then where should I seek guidance on this particular question further?

Also still curious if Dark Byte created CE and can answer the question.

Thanks for the replies.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a small program called Buzof by Basta Computing that you could use to automatically close the window as soon as it appears.

Dark Byte answers questions here sometimes. He also has a patreon page that comes with discord access if you want try that route.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say the unrandomizer is worthless. I pointed out that very few people use it.

Software gets developed based on users' perceived needs, among other reasons. Simply put, if a lot of people ask for something, then developers are more likely to work towards that something.

Similarly, developers are less likely to give attention to stuff that very few people use (e.g. unrandomizer). Obviously this is an oversimplification and there are numerous exceptions. In this case, what you're asking for shouldn't be too difficult to add, so it might get added anyway.

To a developer, someone saying "this feature doesn't exist" is a complaint. This doesn't have as much a negative connotation as I think you give it. Again, users' feedback is part of what directs developers' efforts. It's useful and appreciated.

Dark Byte is the creator, owner, and lead developer / maintainer of CE. With that said, I've taken a brief look at CE's source, and I can say with a good degree of confidence that there's no way to do what you want in Cheat Engine 7.4 (excluding eccentric workarounds). Maybe 7.5 will have something- I don't know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: