Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help finding position of player in vr game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadElmo
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:49 am    Post subject: Help finding position of player in vr game Reply with quote

Hi, I'm kinda new to this stuff but everything I look up doesn't seem to help so I came here for help.

So I have been playing this vr game called Lone Echo and im trying to find the base pointer adress of a X position of the player

I managed to find the adress of a function that changes the player position and I detoured it to my c++ dll that I can inject into the game to show the values in a console

Code:

__int64 __fastcall DetouredUpdatePosition(__int64 a1, unsigned int* a2)
{
    unsigned int v2 = a2[2];

uint64_t v3 = 6 * *(unsigned short*)(a1 + 120);
    uint64_t v4 = *(uint64_t*)(*(uint64_t*)(a1 + 112) + 40);
    uint64_t result = *a2;

cout << "struct adress:" << a1 << "  x: " << a2[0] << " y: " << a2[1] << " z: " << a2[2] << "\n";

*(unsigned int*)(v4 + 8 * v3 + 16) = result;
    *(unsigned int*)(v4 + 8 * v3 + 20) = a2[1];
    *(unsigned int*)(v4 + 8 * v3 + 24) = v2;

return result;

//return ((OriginalUpdatePosition)updatePositionAdress)(a1, a2);
}

Now the problem I am having is that this function seems to be getting called for different enteties in the game aswell (i think) and in the memory region surrounding the player position you also get the left hand position right hand position and all that kind of stuff so its hard to find just te headset position (this makes it hard to find the same adress twice (for pointer scan) in a row because if i scan for the y position i get 20 adresses that all change together with me moving up and down)

That being said what im trying to do does not necessarily need the headset position so a controller position would do aswell.

Also whenver i am doing a pointerscan all the pointers dissapear on the first rescan, I'm assuming that is because I am getting a different adress (like insted of finding the x position for the left contorller i am scanning for the x position of my headset the next attempt because there are multiple adresses witht the same value) but im not sure, thats why i came here.

Any ideas that might help Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: