Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Find conditions to make certain enemies appear/spawn.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sickbutt
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Find conditions to make certain enemies appear/spawn. Reply with quote

I'm trying to find, if possible the conditions/criteria for spawning rare monsters in a game.

Its for the PS2 and I'm using an emu. Now I've found the addresses where the monsters name, stats, and info is stored. When I enter a floor all the possible enemies data is loaded. I tried copying the rare monster info onto an already spawning enemy that respawns after killing. While it changes the name, stats, its still the same monster.

As an example, in the first dungeon, in order to get the rare monster to spawn, you have to get the key to the next floor on the 26th turn. Doing so spawns the rare monster.

Any guidance or help would be appreciated.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something that I would use Ultimap for.
sickbutt
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
This is something that I would use Ultimap for.

I have AMD CPU, apparently Ultimap is only for intels T_T. Or has that changed or is there any alternatives?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Ultimap 2. I do not use AMD, so Dark Byte or somebody else would need to confirm.

There is also Code Filter within CE.

For 3rd-party, you can try CDA for 32bit targets.

Not sure how well these solutions may work with an emulator, however, but this is the approach that I would take for what you are trying to accomplish.
sickbutt
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Maybe Ultimap 2. I do not use AMD, so Dark Byte or somebody else would need to confirm.

There is also Code Filter within CE.

For 3rd-party, you can try CDA for 32bit targets.

Not sure how well these solutions may work with an emulator, however, but this is the approach that I would take for what you are trying to accomplish.

Thank you. You have already given me some good leads to follow up on. Gonna do some research and see what I can do. Thank you again.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. You will need to know how to call a function, or, at the very minimum, have some basic understanding of assembly.

Once you can narrow in on the spawning function, you can test to see if it is the right one by either NOP'ing the call, or, placing a return at the start of the function to see if that stops the spawning from occurring.

Once found, you can either create a script to manually call the function, or, manipulate the code so that it executes that block of code whenever you want (dirty workaround). You may encounter a lot of problems with this, depending on how the target handles the data, as well as how you intend on using the spawning feature.

If the function that spawns the rare monster is also used for other monsters, then you may have more work to do, since you will likely need to figure out the specific parameters for the particular monster(s) that you are wanting to spawn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: