Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pokemon Wilds speedhack not working?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
renounce
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:16 am    Post subject: Pokemon Wilds speedhack not working? Reply with quote

Hello and sorry about the bother! My sister and I are trying to play Pokemon Wilds and I showed her this video (How to Speed Up / Slow Down Any Game! [Cheat Engine 6.5 | Speedhack] by Stephen Chapman on YouTube) to speed up the game, thinking it'd work for both of us. It works on her computer (which is older than mine, though I don't know if this makes a difference) and can speed it up/slow it down all she wants through this method. For me, I can only slow down my game but when I try to speed it up it doesn't do anything? We both used the same method detailed in the video and I've tried turning my antivirus off throughout usage and installation. I've reinstalled cheat engine, Pokemon Wilds, etc.

Any help would be wonderful!
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your computer needs to be fast enough to speed it up. If you set it to 2x speed, your computer is basically doing 2x the work in the same amount of time. ("Older" computers don't always mean "worse")

If it's a different OS (e.g. different versions of windows), maybe the game is calling a different API. Could also be a different game version, a different CE version, maybe an antivirus is "protecting" you, etc. Hard to say.

renounce
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Your computer needs to be fast enough to speed it up. If you set it to 2x speed, your computer is basically doing 2x the work in the same amount of time. ("Older" computers don't always mean "worse")

If it's a different OS (e.g. different versions of windows), maybe the game is calling a different API. Could also be a different game version, a different CE version, maybe an antivirus is "protecting" you, etc. Hard to say.

Thank you very much for the help! What should I be checking in terms of having the right specs to be able to run it faster? I'm not too versed in tech so this is likely a stupid question.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your CPU / GPU are going to be the two biggest factors. Either could be a bottleneck- that depends on the game.
renounce
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Your CPU / GPU are going to be the two biggest factors. Either could be a bottleneck- that depends on the game.

So her computer has the Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz and mine is the Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz. As I said I'm not too sure about the tech here but mine seems to be similar, if not better so I'm still unsure why this would happen
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're both i5, but your CPU is better overall.

You could check how many system resources are being consumed. Look at CPU / GPU utilization with and without using speedhack to speed things up.

If it doesn't look like any hardware is a bottleneck, I'd guess the same things in my first post. There's too many things to name and nothing that could be easily fixed. Even different graphics drivers might be an issue for all I know.
I doubt an antivirus is interfering if slowing down the game works.
Check the game version. Maybe the game had an update to detect and correct time moving faster than normal.
Maybe running the game in a different windows compatibility mode might affect something?
I'm grasping at straws. Sorry, but I can't be of much help.

renounce
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
They're both i5, but your CPU is better overall.

You could check how many system resources are being consumed. Look at CPU / GPU utilization with and without using speedhack to speed things up.

If it doesn't look like any hardware is a bottleneck, I'd guess the same things in my first post. There's too many things to name and nothing that could be easily fixed. Even different graphics drivers might be an issue for all I know.
I doubt an antivirus is interfering if slowing down the game works.
Check the game version. Maybe the game had an update to detect and correct time moving faster than normal.
Maybe running the game in a different windows compatibility mode might affect something?
I'm grasping at straws. Sorry, but I can't be of much help.

The usage doesn't really seem to change according to task manager - or at least not much when I'm using it to slow down the game. Thank you for your help anyway!

Still having this issue if anyone has any input. ;;
Angelonit
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably have VSync enabled, I did too, here's how I fix it every time:

just open the "nvidia control pannel" program,

click on "manage 3d settings"

then click on the tab "program settings"

then find PokeWilds on the list or add it,

go to the "Vertical Sync" option and set it to off
HalfWolf
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Angelonit"]You probably have VSync enabled, I did too, here's how I fix it every time:

just open the "nvidia control pannel" program,

click on "manage 3d settings"

then click on the tab "program settings"

then find PokeWilds on the list or add it,

go to the "Vertical Sync" option and set it to off[/quote]

Yes, it is extremely slow. I'm not sure if it's my computer or the game in general. You can speed it up by setting the text speed to "inst" in the settings.txt file. The game is fantastic, but I wish I could run it quickly. Cheat Engine speedhack does not work for me either:(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: