Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help finding base pointer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mingylord
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:55 am    Post subject: Help finding base pointer Reply with quote

Hello! I am stuck on a problem and decided to try and get help!

Some background I have over 5 years experience as a programmer and that is my current employment. But I am rather new to "hacking".

My issue:

I need to find the pointer of an value, specifically it's the x, y and z position of an enemy. In the game there is a battelist where all creatures are listed that appears on the screen. My goal is to have each creatue in the list mapped to there position in the game.

I do find the x, y and z values when I search for them they are 2 byte values.
I have found several values and successfully found the base pointer with their offets so everytime I start the game I have them mapped out.

This is the guide I have been using with untill this issue with good success:
/watch?v=Dqshb82jC1g (youtube)

When I do "what writes to this address" it's like I been thrown into a loop where i end up on the same addresses again and not reaching a pointer.

I am not sure if this is allowed here so please don't delete my post if it is just give me a hint and I remove this part. But i am willing to pay for help, preferable someone will guide me through discord or something and I pay.

The game is based on the old game Tibia but not quite the same it's called "Medivia". I don't plan on cheating or hacking this is just for educational use I have managed to map out other games with more success but here I am stuck.

In the file I attached is how far I reach pretty much after this I either don't find a new adress that triggers anyting on "find what access this adress" and the once that do you keep going with more and more offsets untill I sometimes reach the same adresses again.

I tried following the tutorial on this video but with no luck as well
/watch?v=rBe8Atevd-4 (youtube)

help.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  368.56 KB
 Viewed:  1362 Time(s)

help.png

Frouk
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"what accessing value" shows you intstruction that wrote this value
Let's say there's example:
Code:
class entity
{
public:
Vector3 velocity;
Vector3 position;
int health;
int maxHealth;
bool invincible

void Teleport(Vector3 newPos)
};

void entity::Teleport(Vector3 newPos)
{
this->invincible = true;
this->position = newPos;
};

Cheat engine just shows you where it was written:
void entity::Teleport(Vector3 newPos)
{
this->invincible = true;
this->position = newPos; <-- Debbuger shows up this, but instead of code it shows asm
};

if you want to find pointer, see what offset accessed position
entity + 0xC // offset of position and assembly might load position address so it will be easier to write
and then if you know the offset of position then find the player pointer (search up the address of player, in most cases there will be static pointer (always points to player), or from menu class: menu->players[activePlayer])

mingylord
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply, I have this:

Medivia.exe+DBA320 and with this using offets i have my players pos.x, pos.y, pos.z, health, mana, target xyz (if walking), if walking is true, light from player for light hack etc.

Pretty much everything I get is from Medivia.exe+DBA320 but I did found x y z on different pointers as well (+0xDBB0C8 x, +0xDBB0CC y, +0xDBB0D0 z) and these am I using also because they don't have any offset so I just happened to start with these because they were the first I found but I think the REAL pos are in +DBA320 as when I change those values my player actually gets drawn on a different location but nothing happens when i change the others.

So are you suggesting that I should continue searching with this base pointer in mind? (DBA320) I have already tried typing it in and just go manually up through values looking for any position but only found my own.

Again thank you so much for taking time and answering, your help is much appreciated!
Frouk
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mingylord wrote:
Thank you for your reply, I have this:

Medivia.exe+DBA320 and with this using offets i have my players pos.x, pos.y, pos.z, health, mana, target xyz (if walking), if walking is true, light from player for light hack etc.

Pretty much everything I get is from Medivia.exe+DBA320 but I did found x y z on different pointers as well (+0xDBB0C8 x, +0xDBB0CC y, +0xDBB0D0 z) and these am I using also because they don't have any offset so I just happened to start with these because they were the first I found but I think the REAL pos are in +DBA320 as when I change those values my player actually gets drawn on a different location but nothing happens when i change the others.

So are you suggesting that I should continue searching with this base pointer in mind? (DBA320) I have already tried typing it in and just go manually up through values looking for any position but only found my own.

Again thank you so much for taking time and answering, your help is much appreciated!

I can say that you almost learned basis of reversing
Watch some videos on youtube how to work with cheat engine

mingylord
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:23 pm    Post subject: help! Reply with quote

I managed to find that the offset between monsters are 380 (hex)
and I managed to find the "looktype" of the monster, x, y, z, health and pretty much everything I need to find that I need and their offsets.

The problem is I still don't find the BASE pointer so I can't really use it, if I use cheat engine I can quickly find one monster and by adding 380 I can find the rest and then to pinpoint more I have the hex offests save to get the values I want and need, but again the problem persists so when I shut down the client it is of no use.

I feel like I am so close yet I can get it to work, anyone have further suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: