Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

struggling with finding the instruction i want, help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdotrazor
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:01 pm    Post subject: struggling with finding the instruction i want, help? Reply with quote

Hello
I am currently messing around with Fallout 4

I watched a tutorial about making an exp multiplier and thought i'd try and replicate it somewhat in Fallout 4.

I've managed to locate my exp and the value responsible for adding in more xp

for example
XP = 23DE1526ED4 - Float = 240
Added XP = 23D8D171D94 - Float = 3.5

Naturally, i figured that by simply finding what writes to the address (or accesses) i might stumble upon the registers which are calculating 3.5, my plan was to add a multiplier in before 3.5 was calculated.

Unfortunately, both the XP and the Added XP locate to the same instruction below:

Fallout4.exe+E25BE5 - F3 0F11 70 04 - movss [rax+04],xmm6

I've tried looking around the memory region this code is located in but haven't managed to find anything that i figured was useful. I am quite new to cheat engine and have been trying to figure out break and tracing with no avail.
In the break and trace, the xmm6 value is not 3.5/240, but a very large float (90000 or something like this). rax+04 is neither 3.5/240, but a very large number that looks like an address.

Currently, i think that maybe this task is too advanced for me so i thought i should ask the veterans here for advice.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That instruction is likely accessing many addresses. You'd need to set a start condition on the break and trace- e.g. RAX+4 == 0x23DE1526ED4

From there, you could look up the callstack (step over w/ lower tracecount might help) and scroll up see what happened leading up to that point. That would require knowledge, experience, and time that most people don't really have, however. If anything weird is happening- e.g. the game is interpreting code from some script- you're going to be in for a bad time.

Learning how to mod the game might be easier.

jdotrazor
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is extremely helpful advice, thank you very much for your time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: