Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

External exception C015000F | Access violation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDWL
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: External exception C015000F | Access violation Reply with quote

Just now I was using CE on a game called Auralux. It was working fine, but after crashing the game multiple times CE started throwing the errors "External exception C015000F" and "Access violation" (the later one would pop up after clicking on the "OK" button for the former) every time my cursor went over specific parts of the main CE window, for example every time I hovered over the loading bar or the speedhack button or the address list, and some other parts of the window, but not when I hovered over the New/Next scan buttons for example. Not sure if that helps at all but I thought it was weird.
Something similar happened to me not long ago but that time CE just started spamming the errors non stop and I had to end the process to shut it down, I don't remember what game I was using it on tho.
Has anyone experienced this? Is this a known issue?
I searched for other posts on the subject and found some regarding the same error messages but they were for older versions of CE and happened under other circumstances.

CE errors.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.02 KB
 Viewed:  1611 Time(s)

CE errors.jpg

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are some reports but nothing reproducable yet.

Do you have multiple monitors? Using a custom theme/skin? Using special shell extensions? Where you debugging in both cases?
is there a way you can trigger this?

which CE version is this?

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
TDWL
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using version 7.3, I have 2 monitors, I'm using the default dark theme added on version 7.3, no special shell extension, and unfortunately I don't know how to trigger the errors.
As for what I was doing, the first time it happened I'm not sure but I was either debugging or the game had just crashed and I was trying to reattach to the process. The second time it happened when I was trying to reattach to the game after it had crashed (though I had crashed the game and reattached multiple times before that). Yesterday it happened again, but this time I had left the game and CE running while I went to have dinner and when I came back the same errors where waiting for me, the debugger was attached in this case.
I'll keep updating this post whenever I find these errors. And hopefully I'll find a way to reproduce the problem consistently.
maxhat
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject: apologies for the necro Reply with quote

Exact same thing happened to me too. Same Error Same crashes

other than the aformentioned statement from Jan, 2022, I can only add which ce windows were open

I had edited a script and upon clicking ok on the script window to update my script the error window popped up...

CEv == 7.4
monitors == 2
Using a custom theme/skin? == No
Using special shell extensions? == No
Where you debugging in both cases? == Yes
is there a way you can trigger this? == No, actual method that I know of, it is really random when it happens,

my first encounter happened after my script stopped working. I modified the script performed a 'new scan' of AoB, updated my script sig and then clicked ok went ingame and the error msgs popped up. They kept popping up until it crashed the game...

I will try to reproduce this....

also so to necro, but I did not want to make more than 1 thread about this...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: