Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble executing a game function from the mono dissector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiamondsBattle
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject: Trouble executing a game function from the mono dissector Reply with quote

Hey,
I have used DNSpy to obtain some method names and I now want to execute them with Cheat Engine but I am running into some trouble. I have pretty much no experience in lua and therefore just want to call methods manually, without needing any script.

First, when I execute a function that requires no arguments and that should return a list of strings, I get a "Method returned: 482464096" text. How can I get the actual output ?

Second, every single time I try to pass arguments to a function, I get the following output :
Code:

Error:C:\Program Files\Cheat Engine 7.4\autorun\monoscript.lua:2297: attempt to index a nil value (global 'monopipe')

Am I doing something wrong, can I not call a function like this and do I need to use a script ?

Thanks
Frouk
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to use executeMethod or executeCodeEx
executeMethod is used when game has functions for each entity itself, like using it:
Code:
CEntity *player = FindPlayerEntity();
return player->GetHeading(); //first parameter is actually: CEntity *this, but for this case it won't use since we executing function from entity itself

and also without making player variable:
Code:
CEntity::GetHeading(FindPlayerEntity()); //first parameter is: CEntity *this

DiamondsBattle
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, I do not want to use a script, only the mono dissector which gives me an error.
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to point out the fallacy here, your question is:

"I want to eat soup with a fork, but the broth keeps falling back into the bowl. I don't want to use a spoon or ladle."

"You really need to use a spoon, the fork's functionality simply cannot meet your requirements, but a spoon's does."

"I told you I don't want to use a spoon, tell me how to make it work with the fork."

Maybe someone knows how to make the fork work, perhaps there is a flap/wrapper that can be used to mimic the spoon well enough, but you have the tools available to do it right and are choosing not to use them.
DiamondsBattle
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except here there's literally an intended functionnality that should make it possible without a script using the mono dissector...

Also, has the software need to have a mono.dll file ? The software only has a Mono.Security.dll file.

Edit : I made a lua script that should do what I want, but I keep getting the same error as in my first post.

Code:
if (syntaxcheck) then return end
if (LaunchMonoDataCollector()==0) then error('no mono') end

local method = mono_findMethod('', 'InventoryService', 'addItem')
local class = mono_method_getClass(method)
local instance = mono_class_findInstanceOfClassListOnly('', class)

local r = mono_invoke_method('', method, instance[#instance], {type=vtString, value='real_medieval_universal_basic_head'},{type=vtDouble, value=1},{type=MONO_TYPE_BOOL, value=false}, {type=MONO_TYPE_BOOL, value=true})
if r then
   print(r)
end

As I said, I have almost no experience in lua, so it could be a dumb mistake Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: