Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick Time Events

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikitheoa
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:15 am    Post subject: Quick Time Events Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I dont know nothing about cheat engine... Is it possible to make faster or slower Quick Time Events via Cheat Engine? There is a new interactive horror game called The Quarry and those Quick Time Events are sooo much easy. There is a options to change difficulty/speed for them in the game settings, but only make them easier and slower. I want them to be faster/harder, on default they are pretty pretty slow/easy. Does anyone know if it will be possible somehow detect those Quick Time Events and increase a timer? For example: Quick Time Event wants for you press "W" within 5 seconds. Would it be possible to change those 5 seconds for like 2 seconds? I would reward someone who would help me, because I really need it.

qte.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.87 KB
 Viewed:  3296 Time(s)

qte.jpg

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in settings you can set hotkeys for speedhack
I recommend a hotkey that sets a soeedhack speed to 3 as long as a key is down. (e.g space) so it functions as a fast-forward button

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
mikitheoa
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
in settings you can set hotkeys for speedhack
I recommend a hotkey that sets a soeedhack speed to 3 as long as a key is down. (e.g space) so it functions as a fast-forward button

Thank you for your tip. I tried it and it work, but I had to press a space everytime when the Quick Time Event appear so its kinda ruins suprise effect. Is there a way to detect those QTE speed somehow? I mean that, in the game settings we can set time speed slower for QTE, can we somehow change it to be faster? Sorry if it is a dummy question, but I hope you understand me what I want Laughing
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figure out how the settings is storing the value and you may be able to modify it to your desired speed. If moving the slider causes a value to change, you can find it!
mikitheoa
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooleko wrote:
Figure out how the settings is storing the value and you may be able to modify it to your desired speed. If moving the slider causes a value to change, you can find it!

I think I managed to find out the value of those settings, but I really dont know how to modify it.

qte speed value.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  931.35 KB
 Viewed:  3200 Time(s)

qte speed value.gif

Frouk
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikitheoa wrote:
cooleko wrote:

I think I managed to find out the value of those settings, but I really dont know how to modify it.

its a float type, not integer(4 bytes)

mikitheoa
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there is no way to modify a speed for certain settings?
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you change that 4byte type to float you may see numbers. Once you see numbers you will know what to do!
mikitheoa
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can not modify a speed, i really dont know how to progress when I find those values... Crying or Very sad
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you having trouble? Were you able to change the type to float or double? What are the values?
mikitheoa
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooleko wrote:
Why are you having trouble? Were you able to change the type to float or double? What are the values?

I really dont know what to do next, I am using unreal engine for the first time and It is really hard for me to find something on internet because I really dont know what I need to looking for. I found this Float Value Types, but dont know how to find a "speed value".

qte float type.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.97 KB
 Viewed:  2768 Time(s)

qte float type.jpg

cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have repeatedly asked you simply to chance the type to float and double so you can see if it is as easy as .5, 1, 1.5 or similar. It looks like you finally did it as float but the value is meaningless (unless it is the 317). Do it for Double. You could even try unknown value and changed vs unchanged. Similarly, change the type to text and see if all you found was the display text on the button. We can assist if you paste the slow, normal, and fast values in HEX, float, and double formats. All we would do is look for a pattern which you could do just as well (and without a huge delay). If you see one, simply increment or decrement in your desired direction to see if the game accepts it.

Even if a pattern isn't found, this isn't a total loss, as it could be another representation. Additionally, there is a chance that toggling through the options isn't changing the underlying values in memory until you save or exit the screen. So you might find yourself performing the same scans but having to perform your initial search before that menu, entering menu changing option, exiting menu, performing your next search before repeating.

The game knows how to handle what you are selecting. You just have to identify where it makes that determination and edit it to suit your needs. Programmers don't always make intuitive choices so you may need to get creative in your approach.

Find what accesses that address (if you are reasonably certain it is correct). See what accesses it when you exit the menu, start the game, and when a QTE occurs. If instructions are executing on the address only when you exit the menu, then you will have to dig through memory to identify where and how the value is getting stored (then repeat the process of finding what accesses the new address through to the QTE). If the QTE accesses that address, you can figure out how it translates it to a value and decides on an acceptable speed/delay on responses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: