Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pokemon Insurgence Nature Modifying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akeno Hononiku
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:12 pm    Post subject: Pokemon Insurgence Nature Modifying Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new to this forum so feel free to tell me if I'm doing something wrong
Currently playing Pokemon Insurgence and its pretty fun, but I'm currently having even more fun playing around with cheat engine on it
I like doing subtle changes though that just make life easier for me than completely break the game (like those 999 stats cheats, I don't do those) but still being somewhat realistic
Like perfect IVs and completely EV trained and good natures
Not impossible without cheating, just takes a lot of time, effort and dedication

So my question is, how do you edit a pokemon's nature using cheat engine in this game?
I already figured out how to edit the EVs (pretty basic stuff, just remember the strange formula of RPGMaker in regards to values which is [value]*2+1)
For IVs, I can just search up the value for my pokemon's highest IV, then search for the address that's close to the EV address and skip by 4 values for each stat

Nature though... I'm completely stumped
For one, I don't know if the value for natures is different from other pokemon cheat codes (I've done both regular value and RPGMaker value from various nature value sources)
For another, none of the values close to the EV and/or IV addresses actually do anything
If anything, they usually break the game or the sound, or both
It's kinda hard to find a value in cheat engine if you can't change that value

Please help
orca152
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:07 pm    Post subject: coul you fill me in on your discovery's Reply with quote

i have been trying to manipulate the ivs for my ditto so i wanted to know how you ent about it. im not sure how to narrow the search after getting the evs up
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odds are that stats sit in the pokemon's structure as a pointer to an array of stats. Figure out where the originating structure is and look from there for either other editable values or pointers to those values.
orca152
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooleko wrote:
Odds are that stats sit in the pokemon's structure as a pointer to an array of stats. Figure out where the originating structure is and look from there for either other editable values or pointers to those values.

could you help guide me to a guide on how to use pointers im trying to modify the iv of a Pokémon and im having some challenges
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't know of any tutorials that would point you in the right direction for this game.
(It doesn't mean there aren't any, I just don't know of any documentation on how others do something since everything we do tends to follow a few basic patterns)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: