Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Max amount of memscan memory in 7.4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bknight2602
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject: Max amount of memscan memory in 7.4 Reply with quote

I have two memscan that I am using to identify a distance between addresses in the to memscans. There are a lot combinations something like 36000000.
When the run button is selected there is a print out per choice so I can debug the routine. After X outputs the debug window ceases to print additional outputs. I have run onto this behavior before so I'm expecting this to occur. What my issue is the code has been running for like an hour and CE is giving me a warning that CE is not responding (again not unanticipated). Is there a max cycle built into CE for recurring searches?
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no limit per se.
CE swaps the results onto the disk - so as long as you have free disk space, you can scan.
CE becomes unresponsive when there are a lot of disk writes queued up and the OS or your HDD/SDD can't keep up.
meybroder1
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a search thing that's indexing stuff, hence the RAM usage. I just saw an article yesterday about it possibly having something to do with the news app somehow? Not sure what it would be looking for there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: