Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting error while running CE 6.8
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use windows 7 with lazarus 1.6.4
are you using the latest sourcecode of CE ? Did you make any changes to CE ?

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Sarge411
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
I use windows 7 with lazarus 1.6.4
are you using the latest sourcecode of CE ? Did you make any changes to CE ?

No, just compiling the latest version of CE cloned from the official git repository.

I can build and run CE 6.6 and earlier on win 10. What I want to do is add a feature that captures event bound memory address changes in time. The idea is that, for example, pressing a set of keys triggers monitoring while releasing them stops it. A delta time may be used to delay capturing time after events for a higher degree of granularity (in FPS-es often times there is an acceleration time after which the character gets to maximum momentum. Omitting the delta time may thus remove useful addresses). Change is captured by comparing consecutive memory regions whose values are stored at the same addresses were modified by events. These events are user defined and each capture takes place after a capture time. All addresses that have values that change while the events do not occur are removed from the result list. Each address from the resulting set can be used a starting point to search for logically correlated addresses. For example, if there is a group of three, continuous, addresses that change at the same time when a key press for movement occurs, then it's likely that one of the addresses is the coordinate for X, Y or Z. To some degree, objects, can be inferred depending on the relationship between changing address values and position in address space. Taking it a step further, heuristics can be employed to determine the game engine by monitoring memory changes.

I'm not sure how fast CE can perform these scans at intervals in the order of milisecods. After a look at the code (of CE 6.6), my guess is, that loop enrolling can speed up existing lookups by a factor of at least 2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: