Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unfindable pointers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gerf
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Unfindable pointers? Reply with quote

Been trying to make a bot for a game called Tree of Savior.

Couldn't find any public cheat tables for basic HP/SP/monster values.

So far I have found pointers or static addresses for position x/y, health min, health max, sp min, sp max

using what I have learned from making a bot for Aion back in the day. I have been looking for targeted mob info

These addresses I can find, but can't seem to get pointers for

I can find addresses for a 4 byte that changes from 0/1 if you are targeting something or not. Also an address that changes from 0/2

I can find what looks like a mob ID, it changes values when you target different mobs or NPCs. NPCs always have the same number even if I restart the game.

I can find the min and max HP of the mob I am targeting

But these addresses, I have scanned to 8 places with the pointer scanner....that was over 50GB of pointer data to sift through. And didn't get anything.

I have used the "what accesses/writes this" method, but eventually it leads to me searching for an address and getting 0 results.

I know pointer searching works, or I could not get my character hp/sp values. Those are 3 pointers deep. And the pointer scanner picked those out without issue. But getting mob data seems to be near impossible.

Is it possible that pointers just don't exist in a permanent sense for some things? Or is there another method I could try?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When scanning for mob data, try making sure that the mouse is over the mob you're interested in during the generation of each pointermap.
that way the pointerpath can potantially ride along the mouse pointerpath to what you need

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
gerf
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
When scanning for mob data, try making sure that the mouse is over the mob you're interested in during the generation of each pointermap.
that way the pointerpath can potantially ride along the mouse pointerpath to what you need

Unfortunately this is also something I have tried.

If I had the start of the character map so I could iterate through all mobs on the map, that would be...just the best...but I don't even know where to start to get that.
gerf
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:

So this was sortof the fix
I was searching for pointers while at work, and when I had the pointerscan running I would minimize the game. This would generate millions of pointer paths, but always give 0 upon rescanning.

When I discovered looking for something else, that I got good results, but I had left the game up and not minimized, my previous searches went well.

So advice to future generations, keep the game window active whenever possible while pointer searching.

Darkbyte, I still don't get why searching for pointers with only 2 steps gets me nothing, but searching for 3 steps finds the 2 step path I was looking for originally.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

having it open after the initial progressbar is finished won't have any effect in the game though (the progressbar is where it creates a pointermap of the current situation and then uses that to scan)

As for the steps, no idea. Perhaps you miscounted(level is actually level-1), or you used the node limiter with a too small value, or just bad luck the first few times

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: