Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A tale of two CEes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panraven
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: A tale of two CEes This post has 2 review(s) Reply with quote

It seems this CE forum make unsecured, so is fearless, it is possible to fit the 2 forum into one page like these html.
Code:

<html>
  <FRAMESET cols="50%, 50%">
      <FRAME src="http://forum.cheatengine.org/index.php" target="_self">
      <FRAME src="http://fearlessrevolution.com/" target="_self">
  </FRAMESET>
</html>

Login cookies seems still effective.
Change 'cols' to 'rows' to divide the page vertically.

Normal (page)'reload' will reload the whole page, see if your browser support "frame reload" (chrome supported).

The Frameset may not work if either site become secure.

bye~

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy This made me laugh. Good work.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creative Laughing
panraven
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you~

@STN
Is it possible, or worth, to integrate this forum in someway into fearlessrevolution?
bye~

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a traditional link, or a link to an iframe (dual version) or something else? (just curious)
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panraven wrote:
Thank you~

@STN
Is it possible, or worth, to integrate this forum in someway into fearlessrevolution?
bye~

in a frame? probably.

I don't think anyone visits FRF that much tho so what's the point? FRF in CEF is different though

panraven
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, I imagine there's some server magic allow a different integration than frameset thing.

And, I expected that most traffic should goto fearless as there is what used to be the center of the community, I assume.

bengast
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people that come here are non registered that just download tables. Now they scratch their heads wonder why they can't download their fav tables and move on. The actual people who do involve themselves or stick around have moved there partially.
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panraven wrote:
Thank you~

@STN
bye~

The entire intent of what DB is doing is to disassociate himself from cheat tables so he is not liable for what people do. Having things on his own site makes him liable. Connecting the two sites together in any manner outside of a link puts liability back on Dark Byte which he does not want.

Simply put, it's not going to happen. The new site is not run by DB, it's community driven.

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe panraven was asking about what can be done on the side of FRF, which DB would have no responsibility over.
nicklesbe
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that begs the question, what is currently protecting FRF from facing the same troubles CE had with the tables? I'd hate to see it go down or get targeted for ddos. Would making a .onion counterpart help protect it any?
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicklesbe wrote:
So that begs the question, what is currently protecting FRF from facing the same troubles CE had with the tables? I'd hate to see it go down or get targeted for ddos. Would making a .onion counterpart help protect it any?

I don't have to worry about getting dragged to court for bullshit laws, that will never happen.

About the ddos, only CEF is being targeted for some reason. I don't think it will ever be an issue for us (unless frf grows to cef size by magic), who gives a crap about dead sites?

nicklesbe
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STN wrote:
nicklesbe wrote:

I don't have to worry about getting dragged to court for bullshit laws, that will never happen.

About the ddos, only CEF is being targeted for some reason. I don't think it will ever be an issue for us (unless frf grows to cef size by magic), who gives a crap about dead sites?

I trust and believe you when you say that I do and I am grateful for those forums being there. It is a great service to the community I am sure everyone is happy for in these changing times. I just don't understand why it is you don't have to "worry about getting dragged to court for bullshit laws" when CE does and had to change the forums for doing what you are now doing. I mean what is protecting you that isn't protecting CE?
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicklesbe wrote:

I trust and believe you when you say that I do and I am grateful for those forums being there. It is a great service to the community I am sure everyone is happy for in these changing times. I just don't understand why it is you don't have to "worry about getting dragged to court for bullshit laws" when CE does and had to change the forums for doing what you are now doing. I mean what is protecting you that isn't protecting CE?

I didn't want to say this publicly but yeah, it's cause i live in a shithole. We have far bigger problems than dealing with what people do on computers Laughing I guess there's at least one benefit to living in the third world, we simply don't have a law about that.

I don't know about Netherlands full view on DMCA (google brings me an article that says its "relaxed) but it's still there nonetheless and there is a chance and i guess DB didn't want to take the chance.

nicklesbe
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

STN wrote:
nicklesbe wrote:

I didn't want to say this publicly but yeah, it's cause i live in a shithole. We have far bigger problems than dealing with what people do on computers Laughing I guess there's at least one benefit to living in the third world.

I apologize, I didn't want to put you on the spot like that and I'm sorry for putting you in a position where you felt you had to say that publicly. Thank you for helping me understand tho. For the record I and I am sure everyone in these forums has a great deal of respect for you. After learning that I have even more respect for you. You are a highly intelligent and talented person even more so with attaining the level you have while dealing with the disadvantages of where you are from. It speaks volumes about you and your character. You are definitely more talented and intelligent than most people I know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: