Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trainer That Receives Cheat Table from Remote Server.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahat
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Trainer That Receives Cheat Table from Remote Server. Reply with quote

Hi,
Made a custom trainer for myself and couple of other friends. But sending them updated trainer each time game gets updated is a pain.
I want my trainer to receive cheat table from a hosted location (a dropbox location would be awesome but anything would work). That's all. No authentication or anything.

NoOb Alert: An example trainer doing this task would be much much appreciated.
panraven
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try get a socket/http dll compiled for ce lua.

or try this, if your windows installed powershell:
Code:
--
function cmdHttpGet(url,file)
  assert(type(url)=='string','has to specific url string')
  file = type(file)=='string' and file or '_dummy.tmp'
  local cmd = string.format([[powershell -command "& { (New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('%s', '%s') }"]],url,file)
  cmd = assert(io.popen(cmd,'r'))
  cmd:read('*all')
  cmd:close()
  cmd = assert(io.open(file,'rb'))
  local result = cmd:read('*all')
  return result
end

local r = cmdHttpGet([[http://cheatengine.org]])

print(tyep(r),#r) --

it will popup then close a console while calling.
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Trainer That Receives Cheat Table from Remote Server. Reply with quote

Why add this layer of unnecessary complexity? Just give them the Dropbox URL and done.
rahat
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Trainer That Receives Cheat Table from Remote Server. Reply with quote

panraven wrote:
try get a socket/http dll compiled for ce lua.

or try this, if your windows installed powershell:
Code:
--
function cmdHttpGet(url,file)
  file = type(file)=='string' and file or '_dummy.tmp'
  local cmd = string.format([[powershell -command "& { (New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('%s', '%s') }"]],url,file)
  cmd = assert(io.popen(cmd,'r'))
  cmd:read('*all')
  cmd = assert(io.open(file,'rb'))
  local result = cmd:read('*all')
  return result
end

local r = cmdHttpGet([[http://cheatengine.org]])

print(tyep(r),#r) --

it will popup then close a console while calling.

Thnx dear, I'll try to figure it out this way.

justa_dude wrote:
Why add this layer of unnecessary complexity? Just give them the Dropbox URL and done.

There could be various reasons for this, such as, maybe not wanting friends to bother for checking/downloading new exe each time, instead one person (me) just updating the cheat table and everything is set for them.
Or learning maybe? As stated in this Section's description: (Want Cheat Engine to do something specific and no idea how to do that, ask here. (From simple scripts to full trainers and extensions)

Again, there could be various reasons... Question is, whether you have the answer or not, if yes, would be generous to share, if no... explains alot :p
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that insulting other people here is conducive to you getting help. Not only will it turn them away, but it'll turn people like me who read replies before posting away as well.

Have you written a trainer at all before in CE? Unless you're literally just updating static entries in the table in-place*, then it's going to need LUA form edits as well, in which case you'd probably just use a launcher program of sorts that launches your actual trainer.

And that brings into question how it would know when it's time to update. Are you going to stick a text file with a version check on the dropbox server (for the launcher to parse) or something, or just waste all your bandwidth having all of their copies needlessly redownload the current version every time they launch?

These questions are being asked because it seems like a simple thing, but it's not, and we want to make sure you're aware of what you're getting into. (Also I don't know if Dropbox would appreciate you doing this but that's your own risk.)

* - And if you are doing this manually each time the game updates, you could probably make AOB scans for code edits that will survive longer and save yourself some effort.
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=570083

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, let me confess that I'm not familiar with lua scripting.

Secondly, I have generated a working trainer with ease using DaSpammer's awesome tool (thnx DaSpammer). But resulting exe trainer is ~4 MB.
Issue is: If I share a download link of trainer, it would require on each update:
1: Re-generating trainer exe.
2: Uploading it.
3: Would require them to download ~4Mb executable
4: Adding it again to antivirus exception.
Not that its impossible or anything, but its extra headache for them and for me.

Instead, I wanted to modify the trainer in a way that It just get the AOBs from a text file that is hosted online.

This way, I just have to update the couple lines of an online file using filezilla and everything is set up.
no need generating trainer again and again.
no need uploading and distributing link.
no need for them to download a new exe each time.
no need for them to add new exe into av exception.

You are right that dropbox wont work for this purpose. Instead I used an online website hosting's free service to host that text file.
Also version check is not important since we actively play the game and we'll know when game is updated and AOBs (hosted text file) needs to be updated Smile
(hope i explained well)

Many thanks to panraven, who generously took time and shared a function that reads the file containing AOBs, from a given url from inside the trainer. This so far saved me and my friends tons of efforts.

p.s: Never meant to insult anyone, it just appeared to me a mean comment instead of constructive one, so i responded in same manner. If it was not a mean comment, my deep apologies to justa_dude.
DaSpamer

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you don't own a website, I'd recommend using a url shortener and incase you change or move the file, so you could simply update the url destination.

And you're correct its better to update couple of lines using filezilla instead of downloading everytime the trainer.

My CETrainer will generate it for you in seconds, so you won't get lazy! Very Happy

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=564919
rahat
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now second challenge for me (in order to make it more flexible) I want to populate whole hacktable dynamically

So, instead of this:
Code:

ammo = cmdHttpGet([[tiny-url/ammo.txt]])
hp = cmdHttpGet([[tiny-url/hp.txt]])
self.hacktable =    {
        {'UnlimitedAmmo',[[luacall(AobswapC(]].. ammo..[[))]],[[]],[[]], 'false'},
        {'UnlimitedHP',[[luacall(AobswapC(]].. hp..[[))]],[[]],[[]], 'false'}

};

I want to get all hacktable elements from text file. So, online text file may contain this data:
Code:
{'UnlimitedAmmo',[[luacall(AobswapC('01 01 01','11 11 11'))]],[[]],[[]], 'false'},
{'UnlimitedHP',[[luacall(AobswapC('02 02 02','22 22 22'))]],[[]],[[]], 'false'}

This way, it would be easy to add new hacks, also wont splash powershell window again and again.

Problem is, I have no idea how to accomplish this, did following, but its not working.

Code:
tbl = cmdHttpGet([[tiny-url/table.txt]])

function CreateTrainer()

local HackData = {};
   function HackData:HacksData()

self.trainer.form.Caption = [[trainer]]
      self.trainer.title.Caption = [[trainer]]
      self.trainer.credits.Caption = [[by anonymous]]
      self.hacktable =    {};
        hacktable.insert('tbl');

Any ideas?
DaSpamer

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply save in your server a table format data, like in this format:
global table like hacktable is, we'll just replace it.
Code:
return {
{'UnlimitedAmmo',[[luacall(AobswapC('01 01 01','11 11 11'))]],[[]],[[]], 'false'},
{'UnlimitedHP',[[luacall(AobswapC('02 02 02','22 22 22'))]],[[]],[[]], 'false'}
}

Then load it up using loadstring,pay attention loadstring will return a function, and because we added the return {...} the function output will be your hack data

Example:
Code:

local hData = cmdHttpGet([[tiny-url/data.txt]])
function CreateTrainer()
   local HackData = {};

self.hacktable =    loadstring(hData)();  -- call the function returned by loadstring
end

-- more secure method incase you dont want it to throw error if you didn't set it up correctly

function sLoadstring(str,callback,escape)
   local _status, _func, _error = pcall(loadstring,str)
   if (_error) then
      return escape(_error);
   else
      -- load it up
      return callback(_func)
   end
end
local hData = cmdHttpGet([[tiny-url/data.txt]])
function CreateTrainer()
   local HackData = {};

self.hacktable =  sLoadstring(hData,function (func) return func() end, function (data) print("ERROR FOUND",data) end);
end

My CETrainer will generate it for you in seconds, so you won't get lazy! Very Happy

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=564919
rahat
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx very much, works like charm.
panraven
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Saw these before got deleted...
rahat wrote:
hmmm,
ran into one short problem with "var = cmdHttpGet([[tiny-url/ammo.txt]])". That, if for some reason host is down, trainer doesn't load while throwing error.

Is there any way to modify it a bit, so if cmdHttpGet function does not get to specified url OR returning output is other then "return{*" then it should check for another url.

Thnx in advance

...so new code:
Code:
function exist(f) return type(f)=='string' and os.rename(f,f) and true or false end
function readFile(f,mode) local r = io.open(f,mode or 'rb') local ret = r:read('*all') r:close() return ret end
function cmdHttpGet(file,url,...)
  local useTmp,ok,response,result = type(file)~='string'
  if useTmp then file = os.tmpname() end
  ok,cmd = pcall(io.popen,cmd,'r')
  if not ok then return nil,cmd end -- cmd is err msg if not ok else the command pipe line object
  response = cmd:read('*all')
  local requestGood = response:len() == 0  -- assume the powershell return nothing on CONSOLE if the download is success
  if requestGood then
    ok,response = pcall(readFile,file)
    result = ok and response or nil
  else -- web error
    if select('#',...)>0 then result,response = cmdHttpGet(file,...) end -- try next url if provided
  end
  if useTmp and exist(file) then os.remove(file) end -- clean tmp file
  return result,response
end
-- test start
function test()
  local r,errmsg = cmdHttpGet(nil,[[http://cheapengine.net]],[[http://cheatengine.org]])
  if r ~= nil then
    print(type(r),#r)
  else
    print('error:',errmsg)
  end
end
test()
-- test end

-- seperate manual online data loading and default local file loading
function getDataOnline(filename)
  return cmdHttpGet(filename,[[your]],[[url]],[[list]])
end

function getDataLocal(filename)
  if exist(filename) then
    local ok,result = pcall(readFile,filename)
    if ok then return result else return nil, result end
  end
  return getDataOnline(filename)
end

Last 2 functions is to address Rydian's concern, that probably the trainer should minimize online access.
For example, a [mauanl online load] button is made to load online data only when necessary, while the trainer should load data from a local file by default.

On error handling, these functions should return a string if success, or nil with 2nd return value as error message on something wrong (see test example).
rahat
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code worked at first, then i changed urls to forum.cheatengine/robot.txt & forum.cheatengine/robots.txt and it started throwing error.

I'm trying to accomplish that:
if 1st url does not exist
or take more then 5 sec timeout
or does not contain a certain string in it,
cmdHttpGet should go look 2nd url.

If 2nd url too takes 5+ sec to load or does not have a certain string in it, show a network error.
Also bandwidth isn't a big concern because the hosted table is only a 2kb text file

I removed the question after posting because I wanted to give it hard try myself first and did not wanted to abuse the good help you guys are giving out.
Deeply appreciate the answer tho Smile.
panraven
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, not checked this thread.

Add back an 'assert' on opening file in 'readfile', this should make the cmdhttpget script handle common i/o error. But if the error occurs during debugging, it is likely caused by some typo or syntax error... eg. forum.cheatengine/robots.txt is not a proper url.
Add a 'wipefile' function in case the downloaded file need to manually clean up. (set file parameter to nil should not need this)

Code:
function exist(f) return type(f)=='string' and os.rename(f,f) and true or false end
function readFile(f,mode) local r = assert(io.open(f,mode or 'rb')) local ret = r:read('*all') r:close() return ret end
function wipeFile(f) if exist(f) then os.remove(f) end
function cmdHttpGet(file,url,...)
  if not ok then return nil,cmd end -- cmd is err msg if not ok else the command pipe line object
  local requestGood = response:len() == 0  -- assume the powershell return nothing on CONSOLE if the download is success
  if requestGood then
  else -- web error
    if select('#',...)>0 then result,response = cmdHttpGet(file,...) end -- try next url if provided
  end
  return result,response
end
-- seperate manual online data loading and default local file loading
function getDataOnline(filename)
  return cmdHttpGet(filename,[[your]],[[url]],[[list]])
end

function getDataLocal(filename)
  if exist(filename) then
    local ok,result = pcall(readFile,filename)
    if ok then return result else return nil, result end
  end
  return getDataOnline(filename)
end

Quote:
I'm trying to accomplish that:
if 1st url does not exist
or take more then 5 sec timeout
or does not contain a certain string in it,
cmdHttpGet should go look 2nd url.

Probably a proper socket or http library is better to handle timeout. Currently the script consider there is a network error only if the power-script return some text (it is not reliable).

The following add a check function base on cmdHttpGet

Code:
function cmdHttpGetWithCheck(file,check,url,...)
  if requestGood then
---------- change start
    if type(check) == 'function' then
       if check(result) ~= true then
          if select('#',...)>0 then result,response = cmdHttpGetWithCheck(file,check...) end
       end
    end
---------- change end
  else -- web error
    if select('#',...)>0 then result,response = cmdHttpGetWithCheck(file,check...) end -- try next url if provided
  end
  return result,response
end

Now the 'check' should be a function, otherwise cmdHttpGetWithCheck should work as cmdHttpGet (with different parameter placement on calling)

The 'check' should be a function taking one string parameter (the result) and return true ONLY if all check is ok.
eg.
Code:

function checkResult(s)
  if type(s)~= 'string' then return false end -- invalidate if not a string
  if string.len(s)== 0 then return false end -- empty string
  if string.sub(s,1,5)~='Hello' then return false end -- not start with certain characters
  if not string.match(s,'Hello') then return false end -- not contains some string
  ... etc.
  return true -- pass all check
end

-- call usage:
local codes = cmdHttpGetWithCheck(nil,checkResult,[[forum.cheatengine.org/robots.txt]],[[forum.cheapengine.org/robot.txt]])

bye~

faizangmc
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, I have been following this thread too. I created a trainer using lua with multilevel pointers. Using the 2nd post in this thread, I added one multilevel pointer of say ammo to a notepad file.

eg
"[[[game.exe+002F15D8]+19c]+14]+26"

I saved this exactly in ammo.txt

then in my trainer script i wrote

ammo = cmdHttpGet([[tiny-url/ammo.txt]])

now i used ammo where i need to read or writeInteger

It worked flawless

No I have 7 other multilevel pointers say for eg hp, weight, height, strenght etc etc

For each one of it have to create seperate txt files. Is there a way, I can upload all mutilevel pointers in just one notepad file?

like for eg
"[[[game.exe+002F15D8]+19c]+14]+26"
"[[[game.exe+002F15D8]+19c]+14]+36"
"[[[game.exe+002F15D8]+19c]+14]+46"
"[[[game.exe+002F15D8]+19c]+14]+56"

and save this data in text file called pointers.txt and upload it n website.
In the above txt 1st line is ammo pointer, 2nd line is hp pointer, 3rd line is strength pointer.

now i use this script in trainer
ammo = cmdHttpGet([[tiny-url/pointers.txt]])
hp = cmdHttpGet([[tiny-url/pointers.txt]])

how do I get lua to set ammo read from 1st line of pointers.txt
and hp to read from 2nd line and strenght to read from 3rd line of the pointers.txt?

Thanks

It will save me from uploading multiple text files for each pointer.
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
for line in io.lines(filename) do
  -- some stuff
end
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: