Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble with inf ammo code in DX:HR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khokkanen
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Trouble with inf ammo code in DX:HR Reply with quote

So the script works fine, except when the game loads the next map (or I load a savegame) CE crashes and doesn't even bother to throw an error message.

The pointers work and have been tested. I suspect the problem is in the actual code I use to get the infinite ammo (and some other stuff) to work. The infinite energy part has been tested to work from one save to another and over the loads.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

dxhr.ct
 Description:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution cheat table with Lua script to get infinite ammo, Nuke software and energy.

Download
 Filename:  dxhr.ct
 Filesize:  19.91 KB
 Downloaded:  1990 Time(s)

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably does show an error when the pointer is unreadable, but when the timer triggers again the secondary error will cause a complete breakdown.

I've now added a fix for this in the svn.

As for a temporary bypass for this problem no idea that won't make you pull your hairs out (add every address you want to try as a memory record and read the value from there using the memrec functions)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
khokkanen
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Like this? Reply with quote

So I took a look at the memrec functionality and came up with this. I even colored the autogenerated addresses red to differentiate from the "normal" ones.

Now I have a different problem: I'd like to automatically remove the generated addresses when I close the form that actually generates them but for some reason form_onClose seems to do nothing... I removed it from this version since I couldn't get it to work so no code to scrutinize.

At some point I'll have to make a pretty GUI for this...

dxhr2.CT
 Description:
Updated table with infinite ammo and energy. Other goodies too. Doesn't crash on load - yippee!

Download
 Filename:  dxhr2.CT
 Filesize:  16.19 KB
 Downloaded:  1933 Time(s)

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

add this to the end of your script:
Code:

form_onClose(f,function()
  local count = 0;
  while count < 98 do
    if invID[count] then
      memoryrecord_delete(invID[count]);
      invID[count]=nil
    end
    count = count + 1
  end
showMessage("bye")

end)

You may or may not want to keep that showMessage

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
khokkanen
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Better and better Reply with quote

So that code got rid of the table entries but the form wouldn't close. I added object_destroy(f) to get rid of it.

I also added a button to scan the inventory so that the timer wouldn't crash the table (and CE) if it hit when the game was transitioning (loading).

Perhaps a little more trouble for the user, but whatever. Also a nice beginning for the GUI.

dxhr.ct
 Description:
Improved version of the previous table. Now includes a scan button for inf ammo (and Nukes) script so that it's optional to run it.

Download
 Filename:  dxhr.ct
 Filesize:  16.73 KB
 Downloaded:  2004 Time(s)

SiXxKiLuR
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Really Nice Script, But I Can Not Use It with 1.1.622.0 Reply with quote

Hey I really like this script seems to have the features I have been studying for the past 2 days. I am Unable to use this script with this version 1.1.622.0 all the addresses and values are Null or ?????. I am new to using CE dynamic addresses kick my @$$ I tried the tutorials but I was unable to complete them I got to I think 6 or 7 but could not proceed due to debugger will not popup in certain step in CE on the steps needed to continue. I would really like to know what version of the game this script is for and how would I change the addresses to work with the version I use? The most important would be the inventory scan and how you came across those addresses to create the pointers.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
khokkanen
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

I have the same version. For some reason my friend also had trouble with the table but it was solved by proper Settings in the Cheat Engine. (Ask to run Lua scripts from the tables needs to be on.)

The source for the pointers (which I couldn't find) was mentioned in Table Extras. Sadly I don't remember the exact details.
SiXxKiLuR
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Same deal Reply with quote

Well I looked at the settings and they were as you recommended still same result. I removed the moded patch for item stacking etc and back to the one the game was originally using to see if that changes any of the outcome. Nope still the same. I don't know what else to try.

the info you mentioned I believe is this.

Code:
This table is based on the work of Wisq and Church481516. I made the modifications to the Lua script to keep the energy at max at all times as well as finding out the pointer path based on Church's and Wisq's paths.

There are a few lines of code that are in the script if you could explain to me what they mean and how you got those numbers etc. I could possibly get this SOB working on mine.
The majority of the first half of the script appears to be commented out un commenting it creates errors on run time.

I will show you what I mean by showing me how etc.
If this forum's editor allowed color BB code inside a code box I could highlight with color codes what I understand and what I do not.

Code:
 local addr = "[[[[[dxhr.exe+00BC3348]+130]+10]+4]+88]+274";

this escapes me I understand dxhr.exe is process and 00BC3348 is address. But what in the hell is +130]+10]+4]+88]+274 and how is it used if you don't mind me asking?

Then lines like this one

Code:
memoryrecord_setAddress(invID[count], "dxhr.exe+00BC3348", (8 + (count * 40)), 0x10, 0x60, 0x88, 0x4, 0x10, 0x130);

I do not understand what these number means and how they are used or even retrieved if that is the case.
Code:
(8 + (count * 40)), 0x10, 0x60, 0x88, 0x4, 0x10, 0x130);

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: