Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[C#] File Downloader that makes use of all connections?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: [C#] File Downloader that makes use of all connections? Reply with quote

How would you make a file downloader that would download files using all present internet connections? I'm using 2 wifi connections and a lan. Is it even possible?
So that way I can sum my download speed to 240 kb/s.
HomerSexual
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this right, you have 2 wireless cards and a lan? Do you have 3 different interfaces (can you turn them all on at once) or does 1 interface switch between them

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't operate on multiple connections with a single device at the same time.

Best you can do is simulate it:
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/994abd5f-53d1-4dba-a9d8-8ba1dcccead7/

If you have 3 different interfaces (actual devices) you could essentially do what file splitters do and just request different chunks of the file on each of the connections though which would work. (Given that you can get all 3 connections working at the same time.)

Jani
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure you can use multiple connections thru multiple interfaces. In Linux this is much easier, but with Windows all you need to do is tell the downloading program to use this other interface for communicating. Ie. I have PPPoE connections which are limited to let's say 2Mbps. If I make two connections, I can pull 4Mbps. It'll work as long as your theoretical line speed isn't maxed.

Automatic load balancing between these two connections using Windows is something I'd like to utilize too, but I have no idea how to use it. I can do this manually, but no idea how to do it automatically.

Wiccaan wrote:
You can't operate on multiple connections with a single device at the same time.
It only requires support from the ISP too. Heck, I can get 5 connections thru my one NIC.
Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because my modem has 5 lan lines, and I can get 2 wifi lines. So the total speed would be around 420 - 560 kb/s. And if I'm able to get muiltiple connections, like that guy said, at least five for lan and wifi,

My total speed would be around 1680 to 2000 kb/s.

And after I do some adjustments and crap it will be good.
I'm gonna see if I can program this.

Then I would be able to make use of my entire schools network and start downloading at 100,000 KB/S(And if it gets maxed out by that "linking" line w/e I'll just split some of the speed to other PCs), and use that specific computer I desined to run at that speed, to retrieve data remotely from my computer and upload files to that computer. (I heard if someone uploads files to you, the download speed is much shorter...)

Good idea???
HomerSexual
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Why not just upgrade your interface to something faster? It seems like that would solve all of your problems. I used to have a crap cysco wireless g router that pulled about 200 kb/s from lan. I spent 70$ on a wireless N with faster ethernet interface when the cysco crapped out and to my surprise I can now hit 2Mb/s + on internet downloads. On torrents I have hit 5+ Mb/s (think one time I hit 9)

tl;dr just buy a new router that can utilize the speed you pay for.

Edit:

Bad idea, the line would cap out before that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the school network is setup. You probably wont be able to cap out on the line in one section of the school due to configurations to prevent the lines from capping out. If your school subnets each section of the school or anything, they can put limits on each subnet individually (depending on hardware etc.) which will block you from doing what you are trying.

Using the same connection for each part would be no different then using a file splitter as well, if you want to try to really gain speed you will all different connections entirely, not all on the same line.

So in your case, no not worth the time / effort since you will just be using one connection multiple times.

educofu
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorg hi wrote:
Because my modem has 5 lan lines, and I can get 2 wifi lines. So the total speed would be around 420 - 560 kb/s. And if I'm able to get muiltiple connections, like that guy said, at least five for lan and wifi,

My total speed would be around 1680 to 2000 kb/s.

And after I do some adjustments and crap it will be good.
I'm gonna see if I can program this.

Then I would be able to make use of my entire schools network and start downloading at 100,000 KB/S(And if it gets maxed out by that "linking" line w/e I'll just split some of the speed to other PCs), and use that specific computer I desined to run at that speed, to retrieve data remotely from my computer and upload files to that computer. (I heard if someone uploads files to you, the download speed is much shorter...)

Good idea???

if they just have one internet shared between wifi points, even if u get acess to both points, the speed will be same. unless speed is limited to each point, so u can have more speed. --like wiccan said

in my school there is a 5000kpbs internet, with 5 wifi points, each one limited to 500kbps. if i connect to one, i can get only 500, but if i connect to all points, ill get 2500kbps. but i dont think thats possible due hardware limitations.

theres also some hubs that accept 2 or 4 internets and can share then perfectly (example: i got modem connected to a 500kbps net and another to a 1000kps net. i can connect both and get a 1500kbps), buts its way too expansive.

Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I just learned stuff about Networking & Hardware lol. I think those topics are a lot more fun than "Programming Languages".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: