Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
T1maniac
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Help Please Reply with quote

Hi there. I'm new to Cheat Engine so here's my problem. When I run the game and get my cheat values for say unlimitted ammo, they work great untill I start a new level, that's when they change to something else. Is there a way to get these values so they work through the whole game. If so could someone tell me how this is done. Remembering that I'm "NEW" to working with Cheat Engine.
Kpoch
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome

if u have found the value for unlimited ammo BUT after changing level and restarting the game it doesnt work its because it need to be a POINTER a dynamic address that changes everytime but have the same base so basically u need to dig a bit deeper in the adress that u found earlier and found the pointer.

look at the CheatEngine tutorial on How to find pointers and then try the same method with te game that are u playing

Have fun.

BTW whats the game?

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: I tried a Pointer with no success Reply with quote

I read the tutorial on pointers and passed. but when I tried to make one for the ammo address it retuned nothing when I did a Hex search. What am I doing wrong. Please help. I inclosed a snapshot.[/img]

snapshot1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.38 KB
 Viewed:  36308 Time(s)

snapshot1.jpg

Radiation
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try searching the ESP value

in this case, 0277F974

Playing/Embedding XM and MOD files in Visual Basic 6

.erutangis ruoy ni siht esu neht ,sdrawkcab siht daer ot hguone trams erew uoy fI
I can spell your name backwards: ‮Hitler
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

the stack is useless, you're going to have to debug this manually using the debugger(do a stacktrace), or have to use codeinjection to find the caller(or just edit stuff there), or use the pointerscanner

this looks like a "copy value" routine
Code:

copyvalue(int *addressTo, int*addressFrom)
{
  *addressTo=addressFrom*;
}

Is this an emulator game ? (like java, flash, DS ? )

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
T1maniac
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: In regards to type of game Reply with quote

This game uses Unreal Engine 3.0. It's got Steam protection. I included a picture for ya. By the way thanks for your replies. I'll try some off those methods.

header.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.45 KB
 Viewed:  36256 Time(s)

header.jpg

T1maniac
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Still Stuck ! Reply with quote

When I find the address that changes the ammo value and I do a "Find out what accesses this address" I get (005bb41c - 8b 08 mov ecx,[eax])
Now if I just add that to my code list and use in my trainer, everyone (including the enemies) gets unlimited Health,Ammo and so on. But if I just use the address I found that changes the ammo, it works great in my trainer untill I restart the game or a new level. Then it don't because the address for ammo changes. Is there a way to stop this address from changing so my trainer works all the time. Or can I inject some code to stop it from changing. Or find out what changes the address and alter it to stop it from making it change. Also I'm not sure how to use the "copy value" routine, maybe someone could explain it to me. Thanks for the help.
sponge
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't use the copy memory routine. What the disassembly you posted looks like is a copy memory routine. It takes the value from one parameter and places it into another parameter.

What you need to do is breakpoint the start of the function and find the caller of the function. Once you've done that, you need to examine where the parameter comes from and then with that, you can hopefully find your pointer.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: BreakPoints ? Reply with quote

Exactly how do I go about using a Breakpoint. Do I open the (mov ecx, [exa]) in the disassembler, then select Toggle breakpoint from the Debug Tab. If so then what. If I try to open the game while the disassembler is running it won't let me. I'm not sure what to look for here. Can you tell me a bit more on what to do, like for Dummies. Ha,Ha. I have included a snapshot of where I'm at so far. Thanks. Smile

snapshot2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  217.22 KB
 Viewed:  36151 Time(s)

snapshot2.jpg

hackerdvm
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldnt you just make a script using visual basic. I think that would be easier dont you think?. Then when you have your code and tell in your script after return value ( ) of how much it returns in next level turn back to how much you want.

JACKPOT BOIS!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwMuMSPW3bU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: