Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to change a constant value

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
f0b_t3st4
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: How to change a constant value Reply with quote

Well hello!

I want to change, or at least know how to locate a constant value.

This one is different from the previous post cause it was the MaxHealth of the player and it increases after leveling up, but now I want to change the
MaxInventorySize value so that I can carry infinite objects and just destroy this Roguelike's dungeons.

So it is a value that never changes throughout the game, it is always the same.

How would I be able to locate this value?

Very Happy Smile Surprised Laughing

Edit: I mean, it is annoying, I can't even carry 4 more gold coins lol, though I have 50k gold but whatever, programming things I guess

Last edited by f0b_t3st4 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can find the current inventory size then you can find where it is read or written then find what that value is compared to for the max size which may be a relatively close location. Look at what reads current inventory value and see what is compared to afterward. Look at what writes to current inventory value and see what it was compared to previously.
f0b_t3st4
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbryzl wrote:
If you can find the current inventory size then you can find where it is read or written then find what that value is compared to for the max size which may be a relatively close location. Look at what reads current inventory value and see what is compared to afterward. Look at what writes to current inventory value and see what it was compared to previously.

Well, when I said InventorySize I wanted to say maximum inventory, you know, how many items I can carry, I will change that right now.

So you say I should look for my current inventory size and the maximum inventory location should be close? Well, let me try for a moment.

sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The max size might be close in relation to the current size but not necessarily. It may be a quick method to find it or you may need to search for it in disassembler.
f0b_t3st4
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbryzl wrote:
The max size might be close in relation to the current size but not necessarily. It may be a quick method to find it or you may need to search for it in disassembler.

Well, trying to find the current inventory size I found another problem;
I start by adding infinite money to work, then start scanning my current inventory size, buy something, next scan, but then it doesn't find any variable at all.
So I start a new scan with my inventory size, then drop something, next scan and again it doesn't find anything.

Do you know what this could mean?

sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may need to focus a singular stack of an item and then all the stacks might be added together at some point before it is compared to the max.
f0b_t3st4
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbryzl wrote:
You may need to focus a singular stack of an item and then all the stacks might be added together at some point before it is compared to the max.

Okay, I will try with stackable items.

BUT I will do it after I finish to get my max health to near infinite!

Also, what do you mean by compared with the max? Do you mean when the game checks if my inventory size is less than the max?

sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f0b_t3st4 wrote:

Also, what do you mean by compared with the max? Do you mean when the game checks if my inventory size is less than the max?

Yes, each item total value might pass through some function that looks like
Code:
add eax,[ecx]
where eax is the overall total and ecx is the address of each item total or it might use other registers or relative addresses and loop back until all slots are counted or there are other ways games do this. Then it will compare the value in eax to another address, but I'm just shooting from the hip, I can't be certain exactly how the game works.
f0b_t3st4
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbryzl wrote:
f0b_t3st4 wrote:

Yes, each item total value might pass through some function that looks like
Code:
add eax,[ecx]
where eax is the overall total and ecx is the address of each item total or it might use other registers or relative addresses and loop back until all slots are counted or there are other ways games do this. Then it will compare the value in eax to another address, but I'm just shooting from the hip, I can't be certain exactly how the game works.

Oh yeah, I get it. I have to find out how it works to get to have infinite capacity. That's a nice tip you gave me there. THX!

Edit: Well, I got the infinite health cheat working, but I can't get to even find my current inventory size, I tried all the number formats; binary, byte, 2 bytes, 4 bytes, 8 bytes, float and double and none is the one I need. In desperation I even tried string idk xd

I will go eat something so I don't starve to death, then maybe I keep trying, or maybe sleep like normal people do.

Thx a lot!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: