Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedhack not working in DosBox emulator?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squerol
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Speedhack not working in DosBox emulator? Reply with quote

Hey.
I have a question:

Is it possible to enable speedhack on DosBox?

I've tried with The Elder Scrolls II Daggerfall emulated on DosBox - speedhack only affects sound effects like impacts, screams, etc.
Not music, and what I only want - actual gameplay. Everything moves and acts in same speed even when speedhacked x5.

So, is it possible or not? Maybe some trick to made it work right? Thanks.

Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

I thought dosbox had it's own speed setting because back in the day programmers didn't use "sleep <time>" but something like "for (i =0 to 1000000) do some random crap to waste time" which of course gets done way faster now days with billions of instructions being executed each second.

googled "dosbox speed up" and got: https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Configuration:CPU
squerol
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeER wrote:
I thought dosbox had it's own speed setting because back in the day programmers didn't use "sleep <time>" but something like "for (i =0 to 1000000) do some random crap to waste time" which of course gets done way faster now days with billions of instructions being executed each second.

That sucks so

FreeER wrote:

googled "dosbox speed up" and got: https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Configuration:CPU

Messed with those settings, sadly no success in speeding game up.
Anyway thanks for trying to help.

Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm, perhaps this is helpful enough that you could have a solid direction to look in anyways Smile

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=37608
squerol
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeER wrote:
hm, perhaps this is helpful enough that you could have a solid direction to look in anyways Smile

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=37608

hmmmm nice, toggling fast forward while reducing cpu cycles indeed works, thanks.

Sadly, the sound effects and music are always speed up like x5 or something, no matter how much cpu cycles I set.

That sucks because I've searched for something like CE speedhack - only gameplay affected, not music/sound effects.

I'm looking for that just for one game - The Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall.

This game had terribly easy and slow combat system. I've edited my save file so my character have 0 speed, so he attacks and move slow as fuck.

So after speedhacking game like x2 or x3 I would give my slowed down character OK speed and speed up every enemy in game at same time by choosen speedhack multiplier.

But with that autistically speed up sounds and music I couldn't play it normally, maybe I will mess with sound settings a bit.

Thanks man, half success with speedhacking this game You've shown me Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: