Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Project CARS 2 please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mordax
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Help with Project CARS 2 please Reply with quote

Today I decided to make some simple hacks for project cars 2, but it has anti-debug protection.

does anyone know any stealth debugging plugins or any other way to debug?

Here's what i've tried so far and what happens.

First of, when i find an address and do "find out what writes to this address" then everything works and opcode pops up, but we all know addresses are not static, so next time i launched game i wanted to breakpoint the opcode, but then game crashes. so here's what i've done so far:

1. I tried Int3 (always crashes, regardless of "debugger method"

2. I tried Hardware Breakpoints (max4) - game doesn't crash, but nothing shows up either and i'm 100% sure i have right instruction.

3. I tried Page Exceptions - same thing, nothing shows up in the debugger, no addresses.

4. I tried "Use kernelmode debugger (I enabled virtualization in bios and DBVM is fully activated), but CE is only able to use "Hardware breakpoints" with kernelmode, so same thing .. nothing shows up on debugger.

So in short, Int3 is the only thing that actually brings up some results, but it crashes when i try to debug the OpCode.

Any ideas?
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since you didn't mention VEH dbg, then try it.
STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
mordax
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldCheatEngineUser wrote:
since you didn't mention VEH dbg, then try it.

1. I tried Int3 (always crashes, regardless of "debugger method"

VEH is under "debugger method" and i said I tried them all ... please pay attention to my original post! i'm frustrated of always getting some lame answer that doesn't even get close to helping ... you think i'd be posting here if it was as simple as changing option in CE?

let's re-phrase .. NONE of the options provided in CE work! I tried all possible combinations.
Game either crashes OR there are 0 results.

I also noticed that some opcodes are debuggable, but they're useless things. It seems like they have implanted more specific anti-debug that protect certain key functions only.

Can someone with experience reply please?
Experience, as someone who has actually ran into those issues in other games and have found a working bypass.[/quote]
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it may (or may not) be an anti-debug system implemented, if non-of-ce dbg'ing options worked then try stealthedit plugin. (i dont know if this plugin helps or not, i didnt use it on games that may have anti-cheat/debug)

plus as far as i know the forum no longer allow talking about bypassing anti-cheat/debug here due rule changes, otherwise i would talk more or even work with you to find a solution.

(:

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
mordax
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldCheatEngineUser wrote:
it may (or may not) be an anti-debug system implemented, if non-of-ce dbg'ing options worked then try stealthedit plugin. (i dont know if this plugin helps or not, i didnt use it on games that may have anti-cheat/debug)

plus as far as i know the forum no longer allow talking about bypassing anti-cheat/debug here due rule changes, otherwise i would talk more or even work with you to find a solution.

(:

I've tried the plugin, it worked in one multiplayer game up to a point where it no longer crashed the game, but project CARS 2 still crashes, that's what made me think it's actually some sort of integrity check.

1. Game only crashes when trying to debug certain Opcodes, some useless opcodes can be debugged without crash.

2. Stealthedit still caused a crash on same opcode, which means when stealthedit copies the memory, it also copies the integrity check.

You serious about the new rules? what is Dark_Byte thinking? not to bash on him or anything, but he wrote a tool that is DESIGNED to cheat in games, yet he doesn't like bypassing anti-debug? that's senseless as obviously ever game company is against cheats in their games.

in fact i think every game has terms where it says that you're not allowed to modify game content, however there's just nothing they can legally do about it.
I read about it somewhere, that even tho they say you can't modify the game, if you do, they can't legally do anything as technically you're not modifying the game, you're modifying your own computer's RAM.

anyway if you think you really know solution, pm me please :) (or if anyone else knows something that might help).

I really want to get around this once and for all. not only to cheat in a game, but just because i want to know science behind it and how it works exactly.
Prehistoricman
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download ollydbg and start the process with it. This way, you can see exactly what in the process is trying to kill itself. Ollydbg should pause the process when an exception is thrown. Then you can use a hex editor to edit the exe to not contain any code that closes the game.

similar thing occurs with Saints Row the Third:
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=545113

OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mordax wrote:
You serious about the new rules? what is Dark_Byte thinking? not to bash on him or anything, but he wrote a tool that is DESIGNED to cheat in games, yet he doesn't like bypassing anti-debug? that's senseless as obviously ever game company is against cheats in their games.

i know, but ... yeah maybe db or the forum had some legal issues thats why.

ill pm you about something.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
mordax
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Prehistoricman Yeah i know that, but i'm not that good with programming. I tried doing that in one other game, but i don't exactly understand which function is responsible for the crash / game close.
I watched some tutorials, but as you know, they only work on that specific game and those tutorials were for another game. in there he used olly in the way you described, but he went couple lines above and then he's like "oh yeah that's the line!" but he did not explain HOW he knew that it's the right line.

also project CARS 2 is semi-online which manes modifying .exe would not work, everything has to be done in memory or online functions would not work.

@OldCheatEngineUser I don't know about that, maybe DB just panicked over a notice lol. my friend runs a hacking forum too and he just laughs at those notices as legally game companies can't do anything.
even game trainer is legal as trainer is basically like a "voice recorder" for your PC. in order for game companies to actually press charges, they'd have to catch the person pressing a hotkey on the trainer on their pc, not the creator of trainer.
I have looked into legal side of game hacking and that's why companies are not able to do anything as it's not exactly illegal, they do add their notices, but that only goes if you edit game files. editing memory is different story.

companies find it much easier to put such nasty protections as it seems like nobody knows the answer to this yet.
Prehistoricman
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's what we're here for. You show code, and we can tell you what it does.
mordax
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is still reading and interested in helping. I gave up on this and wanted to do pointer scan, but game has some odd protection against that too.

so i scanned between 2 of my computers to find a pointer that works on both PCs. success! even after restarting the PC it still worked fine, however when i changed the values a bit (values on address) then game abondoned the address AND pointer and started using new one.

any ideas? after I reboot the game, it still worked. just after tempering with the values for a while, game somehow detects the changes and then abandons the pointer and address. I could do another secondary pointer scan, but i assume same thing would happen. game would just use like 10000+ new addresses and pointers and it would take me 10 years to pointer scan each time it uses new one.
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its possible to say something reading and comparing (previous + gained and current value) once that doesnt match, they restore original value in a new address.

also keep in mind the game can have 3-5 to 7/or even more base pointers, and it can be any level it can be minimum 3 on 32bit game or 5/more in 64bit games.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: