Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Easy way to find Base Address of Multilevel Pointers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials -> Pointer tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForgeByGames
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Easy way to find Base Address of Multilevel Pointers Reply with quote

Base Address is static which means it will not change even after game restart, it will always be at the same place in code format. BUT, a lot of games values are dynamic Address not static, they will change a lot : after loading, after restart, after … after …somethings; so the code you found will just work for short while. To deal with this problem, you need to write a script (AOB or code injection) or find the value Base Address. With Base Address you can just simply edit the value anytimes, save and reuse it again with Cheat Engine.

—————————————————–

For a long times, looking for Base Address is what i know, i don’t know script. Looking for Base Address have been taken a lot of my time, from pointer to pointer, from pointer to dead end, from pointer to pointer before it, i am walking in circle a lot of times.
Things change only after i encounter the problem with : Chicken Invaders 4 Ultimate Omelette , i just don’t know how, i search and search the web looking for answer, finally is Chris Fayte @ Cheat The Game youtube video that help. From that i know Geri, i read and read his articles many times until i understand what he means. (i am a slow learner, my weak point)
Now i know script, assembly code, and some special trick. I am still learning because i am just touching the surface, there a lot more i don’t know : LUA , C++, VB , C# , JAVA , so on ……….

Ok, enough of my past, back to Pointers, Base Address, Multilevel Pointers
Forge By Games – Easy way to find Base Address of Multilevel Pointers using Cheat Engine

Base Address is the root of pointers,
and pointer is pointing to the value you want to change or keep.
simple Level 1 pointers : Base Address –> pointer –> game value (dynamic Address).

For multilever pointers : Base Address –> pointer –> pointer –> pointer –> pointer –> pointer –> game value. (some games have Lv7 + multilever pointers, what a trouble maker)

With Base Address there are tons ways to use it, the problem is : finding it is hard, very hard sometimes, worse is can’t found it in some of my past record.

—————————————————–
simply said to myself : “you did it, after all these years, you finally found the answer”

After watching video made by FreeER atubeacct at YouTube,
Cheat Engine Manually Finding Multilevel Pointers

I figure out this special trick to easily find the Base Address, after doing many camparing.
FreeER atubeacct have said it there are relationships between pointers, and i do found many of them; but i have give myself a mission, find the easiest way. Yes, i have found it aftermany try and fail.

youtu.be/D56YU764EqU?list=PLGkukbLMjgMe-eeqX7FUcZeJIysIhXOCI

Forge By Games - Easy find Base Address of Multilevel Pointers special trick using Cheat Engine

—————————————————–

if you don’t understand what I am doing here, please watch my previous youtube video about Cheat Engine , this is episode 4

episode 1 :
How To Find start point and End point of a program using Cheat Engine – ForgeByGames

episode 2 :
How To Enable Disable Button Of a Program using Cheat Engine -ForgeByGames

episode 3 :
Cheat Engine Special Trick + How to write a special script when normal AOB fail

—————————————————–

note to myself and you that reading this line. Base Address always will be static, so the final target search must be something that have ****.exe+??? ; if not, you must have been overlook it; -ff is -255 , maybe the base address is just at -33 or somethings, so just check each Find Assembly code result start from top to bottom, the final target is in one of them. -ff can be expand to -6ff , -ffff or what you think it should; or reduce to -6f , -cf or what you think it should.

For all of you that are still reading this. Thank You !

Special Thanks to FreeER atubeacct
he have been helping me since the 1st Cheat Engine video :
How To Find start point and End point of a program using Cheat Engine – ForgeByGames

Thank you All !
Forge By Games # ForgeByGames

Because of the Cheat Engine 6.6 Tutorial Step 8 is how i learn the trick to find the start point and end point of games address, then enable the next button. And the trick i use here a special and fast way to Base Address through comparing multilever pointers.
I was looking for a way to solve the multilevel pointers test by using AOB Script.
Eventually, i fail and fail again, but this is not a total lost, i have learn new tricks.
But, I still trying Cheat Engine 6.6 Tutorial Step 8 – Multilevel Pointers can it be solve using AOB Script ?
Any help is welcome.
Still hoping for a AOB Script that can change the value to 5000 after the pointer change and before the 3 second end……… and a way to change the countdown from 3 seconds to 3 minutes or somethings less or more….
For anyone out there, if you know how, please let me know. I want to learn.

wordpress, blogspot, Youtube, FaceBook, Twitter, pinterest
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials -> Pointer tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: