Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want to find a value that is used in rendering players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcfe
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: I want to find a value that is used in rendering players. Reply with quote

I just want to mention that I am not trying to make a cheat or anything, but am in fact trying to help out all the players of a particular multiplayer game, for the mistakes that the developers made, and never fixed.

The game uses CryEngine 3. I managed to enable almost all console commands, and am trying to find the proper one, but there are too many.

The problem with the game is that, players in a multiplayer match are not drawn at a certain distance, they are "invisible"(culled/not rendered/drawn) to you(if they aim down), even if you are looking at their direction, sometimes their weapon floats, sometimes even it is not drawn. This is a problem, because they can see you, but you can't see them giving either player an unfair advantage.

However!! If you aim down(ADS by clicking the right mouse button), they are all drawn/rendered. I've been using Cheat Engine 6.5 and scanning for an Unknown Initial value, and then refining the search by aiming down and searching for a Changed Value and repeating this, buut, at the end there are still thousands of addresses left.

What suggestions may you guys give me, that might let me find this "magic" rendering value so I can alter it and make all players get rendered regardless
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An easy way to go about it would be to have a friend join you in a room so that you can do your scans. You can try different scan types...changed/unchanged or searching for an exact value as a boolean such as 1/0 or even increased/decreased (for on/off or rendered/not rendered). You may still be left with hundreds of values, but you may only need to find 1 of them. If/When you find one, you should be able to right-click the value to see what is accessing it. This should give you a good starting point.

Other than that, if you can get ultimap to work, you can try that. Just search for the call that executes when the rendering on/off takes place.

Oftentimes, these types of things are stored as (float) 1, which is 3F800000 in hex. If you search for a boolean using float type, make sure that you click that radio button that says 'Rounded (default)' and search for 1.00000000 as your value when the object is showing and 0 when it's not (or, increased/decreased, as previously mentioned). I would start with an exact value search using 1/0, and if that doesn't work, try increased/decreased, and if that doesn't work try changed/unchanged.
Arondai
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you can also do is keep on searching for modified values when you move your mouse, stop moving, wait a few moments, search for unchanged values, move your mouse again, search for changed values etcetera and in the mean time try to feel the code that is modifying data (the Zen part).
Now your orientation (what you are looking at in the game) most of the time is a quaternion, which is a 4D vector containing the following values:

X,Y,Z,W

Here, x,y,z is a vector that is the axis running through you. The W is the angle of rotation around that axis (revolving angle).

Quite probably, the values are singles, floats, hence 32-bit values.
So in that case you are dealing with an array of 16 bytes (4 times a 32-bit value).

Knowing these things will help you to understand the code much better instead of blindy searching for changing bytes. You only need to search (sieve) changing bytes to limit the pool of fish you are fishing in. The fish are what you want to catch and by draining out water (sieving,searching unknowns, whatever), you can see the fish much better.

What you can also do is create a simple 3D demo with CryEngine and decompile it using IDA and investigate that.

Be creative, that's what I want to give you here. And also be aware that CE is just a tool to guide you into a certain direction. Understanding code/games is extremely useful, especially if you want to move further.
mcfe
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've been trying for days, buut...found nothing so far. Well, truth be told I did find some addresses, however the value they hold is computed elsewhere.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps try contacting the developer. Other than that, aside from forming a petition to encourage them to take action, you may be out of luck. If it's a paid subscription, you might have more leverage...but I wouldn't be too hopeful.
mcfe
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be in luck, the CryEngine is free and open source(the actual code). I am already having success in identifying key data structures and classes.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with that, is, as you have already described, the items that you are wanting to fix may be handled on the server. Given the circumstances, though, you should be able to find something to manipulate client-side that will solve your problem...but I am only guessing.
Blakers903
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:36 pm    Post subject: way late. i know. Reply with quote

I stumbled across this, and I am way way late I know, but maybe this will help you?
I do not play the game you might be speaking of on here, don't mention it lol. but here are some cryengine 3 commands. message me.

e_ViewDistRatio=200
e_LodFaceAreaTargetSize=0.0008
e_UberlodDistanceRatio=4.0
e_Merged meshesViewDistRatio=125
e_vegetationUseTerrainColorDistance=150
e_ShadowsMaxTexRes=2048
e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDistZ=300

If you shoot me a PM on here I can share with you my social details and give you any command you wish to have to any game. More than likely it is not the game that needs the correction, more likely a hardware issue on your end, e.g. - global video card settings and\or connection issues - e.g. - packet dumping\loss or less than 100%throughput.

Also, in most Cryengine games, ADS is flattened to a 2d format and has fewer polygons than if you are not ADS. This makes things visible at a very very long range. Maybe this will give you a hint as to where the problem lies.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: