Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you find movement speed with cheat engine?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xtensity
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: How do you find movement speed with cheat engine? Reply with quote

I figure there should be some sort of guideline for finding an unknown value for movement speed in order to modify it, that could be applied to all games.

To be specific I am looking to modify the movement speed for the MMO Runes of Magic.

Simply changing the speed in Cheat-Engine DC's me after about 20 seconds of using it.

I have seen people before modify their character movement speed to be able to move very quickly, yet not be kicked.

I have tried to compare values of me running, standing still, using my mount, etc. I figure, once I find the actual value for the speed of my movement, I can modify the address that writes to it when I run, so that the actual speed of my run is adjusted.

Is there some sort of procedure or tips I can follow to try to find the value for movement speed?

Edit:

I managed to find the value for when I am moving forward and standing still. Then I managed to find out what writes to that address. Is there any way I can figure out what tells that address to change, and then figure out what else it tells to change. This should lead me to find movement speed, but I have no idea how to do this.

Edit:
I managed to find the speed value. It was a float. I have confirmed it many times. Speed value is 50 while walking, and 77.5 when on a mount. The mount gives an increase of 55%. 50*1.55 = 77.5

It's definitely the right value... but changing it does nothing for my speed. Looking at the disassembler I don't really see much I can change to modify my moving speed. Any tips?

Edit:
This is the piece of line that writes to the value of my speed.
movss [esi+00000788],xmm2

I have no clue what xmm2 means or how to play around with it.
DaSpamer
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can write
addsss xmm2,xmm2 //float...
And see if it increases your speed.

There muche easier way to make a sort of "moving faster".
Just find player coords, e.g player coord is 150, then check what access/writes to it (i use what access), look at the first call, and then auto assemble it.
And do
label(value)

addss xmm2 [value]
movss [esi+00000788],xmm2
jmp exit

exit:
jmp returnhere

value:
dd (float)0.5

This ofcourse an example.

My CETrainer will generate it for you in seconds, so you won't get lazy! Very Happy

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=564919
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP: You probably won't get anywhere with the address that you've found. I would recommend dissecting data structures at the health address (or coordinates). Adjust your offset to see the entire player structure, and go through the list, making changes. You'll probably freeze up the game quite a bit, but you might be surprised by what you find in there. This is what I usually do to find character speed...but, all games are different.
thenibble
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The server may be storing your actual movement speed so changing it from the client won't affect anything. Another possibility is that the routine that is accessing your movement speed value is not using the address that you've found. Try searching the exact value of type float of the movement speed again to see if you can find more addresses and see where they are being accessed.
DaSpamer
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah you're here wrong..
Find coords, above the coods functions there should be couple of functions that gets the speed value and based that sets the coords increasement...

Made through it a "speed" hack for the Multiplayer Game TDP4 (Not really using it, Just tried to see how can I do it in unity3d games..).

My CETrainer will generate it for you in seconds, so you won't get lazy! Very Happy

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=564919
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: